• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm back! With a 97!

JeepFreak1234

NAXJA Forum User
A few of you may remember my last XJ which was a 91 5 speed. I had to get rid of that one for stupid reasons. 450r, 831, and my homie XJRudolf should recall that short build.

I want to take a slightly different approach with this XJ. I want to do a semi JeepSpeed build. I want to go fast, and go flex it out if I choose. So basically, a streetable KOH build.

So this is the Jeep the day I bought it.

So how much did I pay for 182k miles, a bad case of lifter tick, and a whole bunch of leaks. $2300. I thought I got a good deal given the tires and small lift. I don't think I did so well anymore given what is up for sale now.

The first thing I did was take a blow torch to the sun faded plastics. This is an old trick if you never heard of it before.

Next I added some cheap $13 Harbor Freight fog lights. I've actually been really pleased with these so far.

I picked up some dirt bound off-road rock sliders for $50 from a guy on my local Jeep Cherokee Facebook page. These needed the frame plates to sit flush with the frame but I wanted those anyways. Still need to install these.

I then ordered the ruff stuff frame stiffeners and "The Cure". Still, need to install.

Fixed the rear main seal PITA, oil pan gasket (obviously), and hi pressure power steering line.

Then I went to Pismo dunes.

That was different. Started boiling over 5min in, I was hooning around tho. I had some coolant with me so I dumped the old coolant (rust af) and filled it back up. Then I discovered my e-fan wasn't working. Yay. My dirt bike had no paddle so it was too tough to ride (2 stroke life).

Got home, flushed coolant properly, still haven't tested if it overheats yet. I still need to fix the e-fan issue.

I went to the San Mateo Jeep fest with my dad and picked up a few goodies.
1. Poison Snyder diff cover (I haven't seen one xj with this diff cover)
2. 48" Hi lift jack
3. D-ring
4. CB antenna (The jeep came with the actual radio)

That's where I am now. Glad to be back.

Edit: if anyone knows how to correct the font/format hmu

Back