• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I scored a really(I think) old table

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/iwannadi3/table/A friend found this wooden table at a yard sale and ended up just giving it to me. It's in pretty rough shape, a lot of cracked wood and a few pieces broken off totally. I love the table though and don't mind it being beat up, adds character.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge in this area to try and get an idea of how old or where the table may be from. There are zero markings of any kind on it, also no hardware used, all the connections are made with wooden pegs it seems. It looks like someone painted it black at some point, I really don't think its an original finish on it but who knows.

I am going to get some pictures tomorrow showing some of the detail.

I am kind of torn, should I repair some of the easier stuff like glueing the broken pieces back on or just leave it. I hate the idea of putting wood glue to something if it is genuinely old. I am not looking to repair it to a state of being able to sell it or fake its value either. I may just prop the larger broken pieces up on the table just to show them off or something. Right now it became my record player table.

Really bad cell phone pictures.

Last edited:
Back