• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Monstalined my xj today

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
I finally pulled up the carpet after I knew it had been taking on water for a couple winters, presumably from the windshield.

There were a couple small holes, which turned into big holes by tapping around them with a hammer

Started cutting, kept cutting, pushed a screwdriver through another spot, kept cutting...

burned in some heavier gauge steel.

Pulled the rest of the interior and prepped, prepped, prepped!

I bought the gallon tintable kit and went with the "Jeep Spice" to kinda-sorta match the interior. It came out a little darker/more brown than expected but oh well.

If anyone else plans on doing this,
One gallon is barely enough. I did not get two coats under the back seat, which is fine, but I should have just got an extra quart.
The kit came with two rollers, buy a third. On the first coat the roller was fine. It did fall apart when I tried to pull it off the handle, but it lasted through a coat. By the second coat the liner is so much thicker and stickier that it really wants to tear up the foam and leave little bits in the finish. Two rollers for the second coat would have been fine.

I read somebody else used earplugs to block the threaded holes off. THIS WORKED GREAT!

Back