• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a few new products to release in the coming month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Action Fab

NAXJA Forum User
First I'd like to let you guys know that wings for my stubby bumpers will start shipping MONDAY :yelclap: I'll get a bumper mounted up with a set over the weekend for you guys to see.

ON THE LIST OF SOON TO BE RELEASED

FAIRLEADS
I have a new line of hawse fairleads that should begin testing next week. They use an all new material and will be able to withstand not only harsh abrasive steel cables but also will be safe for use on synthetic winch rope. The secrit is the lubricant impregnated composite that will be used, The key word being "Lubricant". Friction is what causes wear, and with this new line of fairleads that will be slowed tremendously by introducing an agent to reduce the friction and thus extend the life. I will be having a model cut spicificly for my XJ stubby bumpers. I will also be working on configurations to fit conventional fairlead mounting systems/bumpers.

MODULAR GRILL PROTECTION
The number one issue I have found with my customers, has been the lack of "prodection" my bumpers offer the grill. Well this is soon to change. I am working on a new "modular" grill hoop, pre-runner bar, and stinger that will bolt onto the Stubby Bumper and protect your grill from body crushing obstacles.​

DIY BUMPER KITS
My bumper mounting system has been a big hit with the unibody crowd. I have had quite a few inquiries about offering a bumper bracket that will allow the DIY'er to fab up their own bumper off of. So, with in the next two weeks I will have a new bumper bracket kit, that will give the home fabricator an awesome bace to build off of.​

STEERING BOX BRACE
This is a product that is very exiting for me to bring to market. Everyone knows the standerd two designs for the XJ steering box brace. Well I have a third... So with out giving up to much information... These braces will not just brace the steering box housing. But instead will mount into the orbital shaft keeping the side loads caused by big tires from desroying the seals and bearing on the sector shaft. This brace will also bolt into the frame replacing the stock aluminum spacer.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These products are still under construction/R&D testing so pictures are not going to be available to the public yet. I will answer any questions you may have... As long as it's not what I consider "to much info".

-Chris​

I don't need one anymore because I made one (since no one else had them available...) but a steering box brace sized to fit the Durango box swap would probably sell well. I could have gotten a regular JCR/C-ROK/other one and stacked washers but it seemed silly to start out with a new part by using a bandaid to make it fit right, I would have loved to buy a prebuilt spacer with tall enough posts for a Durango box. Even just as an extra add-on option to make the DOM tubing sections a bit taller it'd be great.

I don't need one anymore because I made one (since no one else had them available...) but a steering box brace sized to fit the Durango box swap would probably sell well. I could have gotten a regular JCR/C-ROK/other one and stacked washers but it seemed silly to start out with a new part by using a bandaid to make it fit right, I would have loved to buy a prebuilt spacer with tall enough posts for a Durango box. Even just as an extra add-on option to make the DOM tubing sections a bit taller it'd be great.

Note taken... Might have to go find a durango box to play with. :idea:

Most people just add something like a quarter inch to the spacer height. There's a couple threads on here about it.

Definitely a good upgrade though, at this point even my stock XJ will get a Durango box if it needs a replacement.

My response is a few days late here. I've been away from the board for this past week... So I apologize for not getting back with you sooner.

I'd like to give you all an update on what is going on here at ORS. I had three very good customers who have been working with me for years; all come in last month and request new cars built over the winter... So with that said I've been a little preoccupied with those builds.

I have not lost sight of these products and as soon as I can find time to get back to my R&D work I will post another update. At this moment it's looking like it may be early to mid December before I can get started on these again. When I do start work on these projects the grill protection and fairleads are top on my priority list. After that I will start back on the steering braces, DIY kit, rear bumpers, suspension... Ext.

I have been trying to keep my schedule clear for the first of the year so I can focus on my accessory line and get products finalized and in stock before tax return season starts. So you may keep that in mind...

Another thing I would like to mention is this... I still have ORS stubby bumpers in stock along with wings. So orders will still ship next day. If you do need/want a "one off" bumper or mods made to one of my existing designs. Please note that it may take a few days for me do make that happen.

I'm a one man show here, I live in my shop, work 7 days a week and do what I can to keep parts moving out the door. I recently ordered a CNC plasma table that should be up and running in the next month or two. With the ability to cut my products in house, production times will be shortened greatly along with new product development being quicker.
I thank you again for your interest and appreciate your patients.

-Chris

Updates on the front protection?

any updates on the steering box brace? i have a DSLR, fantastic diction, can properly place a semicolon in a sentence, and am willing to test a prototype. :D

any updates on the steering box brace? i have a DSLR, fantastic diction, can properly place a semicolon in a sentence, and am willing to test a prototype. :D
You may have excellent diction and know how to properly use a semicolon, but it appears as though you don't know how to use a shift key to capitalize letters or proper nouns. :D

No prototype for you! :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back