• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey, buddy, can you spare a couple of D30 axle shaft stubs?

You cant run without a.carrier, even with hubs, because the parastitic drag from the grease is enough to cause the shafts to rotate.

I have run without a carrier, I have hubs. I just pull the shafts ;). and even then, the "parasitic drag" isn't enough to overcome the friction of the shafts sitting inside the tubes, not that I would bother trying that, since steering would still make the shafts flop around. the easiest way to pull the shafts is to disassemble the hub anyway, re-assembling without a shaft is easy enough.

You need to stop hanging out with rockclimber...:nono:

jealous?

If the object is to run with no axles, can't you just remove the axle nut, remove unit bearing, pull the complete shaft assy. out, reinstall the unit bearing and drive away ?

you need the stub shaft. that is what holds the unit bearing together.

You cant run without a.carrier, even with hubs, because the parastitic drag from the grease is enough to cause the shafts to rotate.

what shafts? are you saying he's implying running inners and outers without a carrier? that would have nothing to do with any kind of drag anyway, the hubs are splined it would wreak all kinds of havok with the shafts flopping around. what i have him was a stub with broken ears i keep as an emergency spare, and a good stub i keep in case i need to put a stock shaft set together real quick.

:dunno:

586e08f9-26fc-413b-a891-a02f7d9085cf.jpg

Back