• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!! The damn TPS Dilemma!

That's what I think. might have to wait a couple weeks to put a few hundred bucks together, but that's what I'm going to do next. Again, everything else is running like clockwork! 117k miles, minor power steering pump leak, rear transfer case seal, very small leak(more like collecting, but no drip) and that's it!! I stole this truck from the second owner for $500!!!! I think I'm all in so far like $200!

That's what I think. might have to wait a couple weeks to put a few hundred bucks together, but that's what I'm going to do next. Again, everything else is running like clockwork! 117k miles, minor power steering pump leak, rear transfer case seal, very small leak(more like collecting, but no drip) and that's it!! I stole this truck from the second owner for $500!!!! I think I'm all in so far like $200!

Nice score!! I got a Comanche real cheap that was puking engine oil and all it needed was a distributor gasket.

Right!!?? Thanks

I had an interesting event yesterday. So, I get home from work and put the jeep in park and the key won't turn all the way to off. I mess with the shifter to ensure it's fully in Park and then turn the key back to on then off and goes to off just fine. Should I wonder if the shifter is a little messed up and that could be causing it to slip into and out of neutral? Is that possible. it certainly doesn't feel sloppy or like it's not completely engaged. it doesn't slam into gear when I put it in any drive gear while shifting it manually either. What do you think? And how would I even know if this would be the issue?

I tell you when I'm driving w the TCU plugged in and it slips into neutral, I have attempted to up shift her into 3 or low to catch a gear, but it will not and just coasts until it feels like catching again; and usually at like 15-20mph. Needless to say, when this has happened on the highway, I have to pull over or run w hazards until it catches. Thoughts?

Really?!

Please elaborate. I am becoming a master at the electrical system in this thing!!!! :)

I think I did read something about checking them from the TCU at their connection pins, but not really sure what I'm looking for to tell if they are good or not. I have the complete electrical wiring schematic, including all diagrams for splices, connectors, US, Euro, Australian, left hand, right hand drive, etc. You know the book I'm talking about. It's like 800 pages or something.

Anyway, point being, I understand it very well and can do the testing as necessary. Please shoot me a link or advise if you don't mind on how I do the testing. Thank you.

Back