• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help me identify these parts

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Put on new valve covers and a new alternator last night--- first, since I'm going from a 100a to a 200a alternator, I want to upgrade the wire coming out of the alternator ... which is fine, but I can't figure out what the heck it terminates in... is this a power distro box? (I didn't do the electrical on this swap)-- the line comes from the alternator and terminates at this box:
lfmtv.jpg

Also, I must have disconnected a small vacuum line when putting the passenger valve cover in, what is this for, and where should I look to connect it? I don't see any unmated connections or other lose vacuum lines, so I may just plug this off:
11ki8hf.jpg

opscvo.jpg

Its hard top see, but it looks like the line to the vacuum controlled heater valve on a Renix. They get hard and crack/break.

From the pictures, it looks like it is coming though the firewall. There should be a vacuum feed line to the heater switch, that then runs back to the control valve on the coolant loop with the heater core.

Its hard top see, but it looks like the line to the vacuum controlled heater valve on a Renix. They get hard and crack/break.

From the pictures, it looks like it is coming though the firewall. There should be a vacuum feed line to the heater switch, that then runs back to the control valve on the coolant loop with the heater core.

dammit.. so likely not something I can just cap off if I want vent control (which I didn't check)

Where do they route into the cab?

That box is the RENIX starter relay. Yes, the stud is a power distribution point.

That box is the RENIX starter relay. Yes, the stud is a power distribution point.

great, thank you.
any thoughts on where that vacuum line routes into the cabin?
?

Back