• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me figure this one out!

Jakemprater

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've been reading a lot but havnt found a definite answer. I have a 93 xj. Off-road only use. No street driving at all. Have to have it ready for BMR in March. Plan is sway bar removal, budget boost, 33s trim the hell out of it. My questions are this, will I have to put v8 zj limited coils on as well and bastard pack or can I just keep the bb and modify bump stops? I'm going to order 15x8 4" bs as well. Any need for longer shocks? Thanks guys!

You can use stock yj brake lines and relocate your mounts, use WJ stock control arms or find some lowers on eBay. Shocks you're going to have to buy. The longer the brakelines and shocks the more droop(flex) you'll get.

First off how high do to want to go? 1" 2" 3". This will tell you if you need to buy shocks or not. he brake lines can be loosen and then bent straight for up a 2" lift. Control arm are fine with a 1 or 2" lift. Some would say 3" but i think that's pushing them. But stock arm are thin and do bend when beated.

I'm going with a budget boost. And zj limited coils. Then adjust the rear how ever I need to with bastard pack. I can trim as much as I need. No biggie. It's a trail only rig. But I got a good deal on 33s and there going on one way or another lol. I can replace brake lines if I have to no big deal. I'm just not sure on control arms. Is there a decent upgrade out there that isn't going to break the bank? I don't exactly know where to start as far as what to buy.

Back