• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlan clean up

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
I'm just throwing this out there...

Would it be of interest if one day that we were down there in July we helped a business, family, church, you name it that was affected by the recent storms? I don't have any contact in the area except for the SEC guys. Just curious if some folks wanted to take a day of their Harlan trip to help clean/rebuild/etc.

Might be a little early to know, but just was thinking about this today when I saw the news reports with all the damage.

Thought I would start in the planning forum.

mac 'I would put a days worth of work in somewhere' gyvr

This would be a good thing and help show our support. I'd be in for this too.

I haven't seen the news yet. Been on the road all week. How bad did they get hit?

Yeah I read a quick article on it inbetween flights today. Very sad to hear. Hopefully things get back to as much normal as possible before we get there, but i'd be up for a little volunteering if needed.

If there is work left it would be a good thing early in the week. I will try and find some answers this week, possibly Tuesday.

May want to reach out to the Mayor's office...

Did this end up going anywhere? If we leave Thursday as an unorganized day, it could be a good "clean up" day for the city.

Back