• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlan Center Approved Caterers

You can build in a few dollars to offset it in the registration fees.

Also, her portions are very generous. I would be inclined to just purchase a set number of adult meals and not count kids meals (or count them as full meals).

I vote for Norma. She is the only one that we've used before, so we know what to expect. The clean up is included. Its LESS THAN $20 per person. If you are stressing over a $20 dollar bill for a great, all inclusive meal, this trip likely shouldnt be on your calendar for next year. Maybe thats harsh, but it seems silly to haggle over a couple bucks when we know what we get with her.

You can build in a few dollars to offset it in the registration fees.

Also, her portions are very generous.

I'm inclined to agree with this. With having a past experience with her doing a good job, I think you'd really want to make sure the meal is yummy.

People will always remember the venue and the meal.

Plus national is backing you guys on this, so don't be afraid to push the limits a little. Is 2 or 3 bucks going to make me not eat...well maybe not a fair question for a fat guy like me...

I'm with ED, add a couple of bucks into registration and then charge $15 a head for the meal and we'll off set it a bit. Again, not against losing a little money on one end and gaining it somewhere else.

mac 'my 2 cents' gyvr

I'm game, like I have mentioned already, I like Norma's turn-key process.

I'll call her on Monday when I get home.

I'll call her on Monday when I get home.

Is she available?

mac 'thanks' gyvr

She is available. We are on her calendar for July 5, Saturday. We will need to have final participant numbers and the selections of our 2 meats to her 2 weeks before the event.

Regarding drinks, the Harlan Center will have coffee and she will provide Coke products, sweet tea, and unsweet tea as part of her meal package.

Is someone working on the Harlan Center contract? If so, they need to make sure that the Harlan Center knows we will need silverware, place settings, and glasses.

Is someone working on the Harlan Center contract? If so, they need to make sure that the Harlan Center knows we will need silverware, place settings, and glasses.

I'm not working the contract - I on;y contacted them for the initial information. The lady I spoke with is cutting us some slack by not requiring a deposit yet, so we didn't know if we'd need to rent linens, plates, etc., but we should finalize that as soon as we can, so some "mistake" doesn't happen, and we lose the reservation.

David Bricker / SYR

FYI - The chapter bank account has been successfully transferred over to a new account to meet requirements by National. I've got a debit card now for the account, so if I need to go ahead and reserve something, let me know and I can do so over the phone, or mail them a check.

Bringing this back up. With the holidays and all, I know this got set on the back burner. Are we good with Norma's reservation and/or the venue? Any deposits that need to be made from SEC funds at the moment?

Back