• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HAM Radio Class

spudly

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know some people have been looking to move from CB over to HAM radio. If you're not having much luck studying online or just want to get it over with in one day I just got done doing my test today through BAEARS.com

They have sessions all over the Bay Area at different times. I went to the Fremont session today and passed my test on the first shot.

They charged $30 for the session and that included the license fee, so not a bad deal in my opinion.

The down side is that you end up loosing a complete Saturday, but the upside is that more than likely you'll have your technician license at the end of the day.

I used a couple of the study apps on the android market and studied in my spare time over the course of a week. I was able to pass fairly easy. I did mine through the guy on the Pirate board. They're all wheelers and everything is geared toward wheeling and using the repeater at the Rubicon. They even got us a deal on radios. I definitely recommend the program. I can post more info if anybody wants it.
Billy

Back