• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gotta let my baby Go: 1991 XJ Built & tested

UnstopppableXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Would love to see my XJ go to someone who truly appreaciates them and will use it for what it was built for.

MANY MODS for wheeling fun and still drive it EVERYDAY!!

Teraflex 4.5" Unlimited Suspension lift
ARB Bull Winch Bumper on Front w/ Military Grade H1 D-rings
Tomkin Machine Rear bumper
33X10.50 Super Swamper Boggers
American Racing 5 spoke one piece Aluminum rims (painted to match)
NEW CRATE MOTOR: 40k miles
NEW AX5 Transmission 30k miles (5speed)
4.10 Gears front and rear
Limited slip for rear(not installed)
POSI-Lok engagement system for front axle. All vaccum lines removed and this system installed for Positive Lok engagement of 4x4
K&N Cold Air Intake
E3 Spark Plugs, 20K miles, Installed 11-16-2009 (have warranty and reciept 5yr/100k mile)
Yakima Roof Rack for Bikes and Ski's
Dynomax Hi-flow muffler (it's not obnoxious)
Curt ClassIII Frame mounted Tow Hitch
ALL fluids Mobil 1 Full Synthetic...motor, tranny, tcase, axles.
Custom Sub Box, interior frame mounted and covered in matching vinyl. Holds 2 12s will also let that go. No amps or wiring.

Odometer reads 216k, as it's illegal to turn that back. This is a great jeep that i hate to get rid of, but times are hard and need the money. Can't drive 2 jeeps at once, so gotta part with one. This has been my daily driver since 2004, I have driven to Lexington, Bowling Green, Louisville...anywhere i want to go...prior to the Boggers they were just installed about 60days ago. It does have a few rust spots in the rockers, and the paint isn't the best, but if you want a dependable ride that will take you ANYWHERE, on or offroad, then you're looking at the right rig. I have a set of black steelies with 32x11.50 all-terrains that i will put on prior to selling for the price listed. IF you would want the boggers shown with the wheels, it will cost an additional $800, so $3800.

Honestly, this is a complete package for someone that doesn't have the the time or place to build a jeep. It's done for you. Great family ride that you can go playing in also. Body work and paint, for a person that is a semi-experienced body person is a weekend job and done and you'll look like a new ride.

I guess PM me for pics, as I'm not smart enough to figure out how to load them up here.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/2086027033.html

Tell me about that limited slip for the rear. Willing to sell separate? What does it work with? I'm still running a 27 spline 8.25 with 3.55s.

GLWS, looks like it's gonna make a nice, well maintained rig for someone.

The limited slip is from a 98 Grand Cherokee ZJ. Fits Dana 35. Axle broke in the ZJ, ruffed up the LS a tad on the edge but nothing that would harm its operation. ZJ now has Detroit No-Slip Locker in the rear, so i have the LS for the Cherokee. Just never got around to getting it installed. I'm not that comfortable installing the LS myself, and my ASE friend hasn't had the time due to family things going on. So it sits in the back seat in a box with other XJ parts that I've collected.

I highly doubt I will be parting this out. If i do anything, I'll be adding lots of extra metal to slide across rocks and logs along with a cage. Take the tags off, and make this my try anything rig. I could really use the money, but not going to give it away either. I've already invested almost 20k in this ride, i know the body doesn't show it, but i'm not a body man. I want to go, not look good for the show.

Back