• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gives the "Lvmyjeep" plate tour a run for it's money

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
In the past 22 months, Ralph B. White's meticulously logged schedule shows trips to the mountains of Nepal, the Australian Outback, the Chinese-Mongolian border, a Rwandan volcano, Iceland, Benin and the waters off Zanzibar.

Ask White's buddies at the Adventurers' Club of Los Angeles, and they'll tell you this itinerary could threaten the health of any other thrill-seeker. But White's stamina is not an issue. He died, at age 66, on Feb. 4, 2008,...

...,Lopes has scattered bits of White's remains on three continents, at sites that include the ruins of the Temple of Thor in Iceland and Fairview Cemetery in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where 121 Titanic victims are buried.

But as her log of White's posthumous travels makes clear - it's titled "Where Has Ralph Been?" - others have carried White's remains even farther, deeper and higher: The waters of Lake Baikal in Russia. A lighthouse in Norway. A suspension bridge in British Columbia. Blue Nile Falls in Ethiopia.

Last September, Rory Golden carried a pinch of White's ashes on a harrowing climb up Mont Blanc in the French Alps - "for no other reason than that it was there, it would take effort and they bore the same surname," Blanc being French for White.

After struggling through nausea, hypothermia and subzero wind chills to reach the 15,781-foot summit, Golden wrote in an e-mail, he pulled off his insulated gloves to retrieve the ashes, let them fly and shouted, "Fair winds and following seas, my friend!",...

...,White's son, Randy Pixley of Atlanta, hasn't scattered any ashes yet. White's daughter, Few, has made deposits in China and Singapore and halfway up Mount Fuji in Japan.
link to article

That's just creepy. I'll stick to the Luvmyjp plate tour thanks.

Yup, and if JJ kicks off.....I'm not packing his ashes anywhere, they'd smell like Play Doh.......

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Nah...... Haven't you noticed he refuses to get anywhere near fire? He's always on the far outside of any fire pit gathering...... I swear, if you cremate him he'd probably rupture and go blowing all over the place like an untied helium baloon........ :D

My luck my family will give me a swirly.

Back