• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Sensibly built Jeep Cherokee

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
[No, it's not mine!
hsnono.gif
I'm posting this for a friend! ]

1988 Jeep Cherokee, 4 dr, 4x4, ~4.5” lift, 32” tires
4.0L Engine replaced, new one has 68,000 miles
Never a prob passing smog
AW4 auto transmission
NP231 T-case
Goodyear Wrangler MTR, 32x11.5 (old style) < 5k miles on them!
Black Rock Crawler style wheels
Rubicon Express adjustable upper control arms
Rubicon Express adjustable lower control arms
Control arm drop brackets (not sure who built them, but they're built well and reinforced back to the cross member)
Aftermarket adjustable trackbar (brand unknown)
ARB front bumper
Warn M8000 winch
Optima Yellowtop battery (fairly new)
Rock rails (generic square tube)
JKS sway bar disconnects
Skid Row gas tank skid plate
Wilderness rear bumper with spare tire carrier
Garmin roof rack
Solid brand dif covers front and rear
Bushwacker fender flares
AC works well
Tinted windows (dark!)
Kenwood stereo with remote and good speakers
Wired for a CB radio
New brakes
New catalytic converter, muffler, tailpipe in 2006
Cup holder (It’s the little things you know :))

She had a lot of repairs and preventative maintenance done in/around 2007, including the starter, alternator, battery and cables, the power steering pump and hoses.

It was running a bit warm in the summer, so she took it to a shop and they replaced a bunch of cooling parts: electric fan, mech fan clutch, t-stat, and radiator cap & hoses. The system was also flushed and pressure tested at that time.

She also had the valve cover gasket redone and the oil filter adapter o-rings. Then there are a few random things like the rear lift gate struts were replaced, the transmission was flushed, NSS serviced, and e-brake serviced.

She put less than 5,000 miles on the Jeep since all the repairs were done. As you can probably tell, this is not the type of chick that ignores the check engine light! She took it into a shop whenever any little thing went wrong!

She's asking $4,000 OBO. I'm going to field any questions/offers for her, so if you're interested, PM me or email me at BILLY {at} BSFAB {dot} NET

Thanks!
Billy

billy since motor was swapped is it the renix or no?

Good question! I'll find out and let you know. I might not be able to find out until the weekend though.
Thanks,
Billy

Soooo sorry it's been so long man! The owner had an accident (non-auto accident) and then went out of town, blah blah blah. She just sent me the following picture for me to see if I could tell if it's an HO or a Renix.

Click to enlarge.

I haven't worked on many Renix motors, but the air box hose doesn't look like the one on my '95. The other things I know to look for (knock sensors, etc) aren't visible and it would be hard for me to tell her what to look for. Maybe one of you guys can tell?

Thanks,
Billy

Soooo sorry it's been so long man! The owner had an accident (non-auto accident) and then went out of town, blah blah blah. She just sent me the following picture for me to see if I could tell if it's an HO or a Renix.

Click to enlarge.

I haven't worked on many Renix motors, but the air box hose doesn't look like the one on my '95. The other things I know to look for (knock sensors, etc) aren't visible and it would be hard for me to tell her what to look for. Maybe one of you guys can tell?

Thanks,
Billy

Its a Remix for sure.

Back