• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame stiffeners

Where is the best place to get frame stiffeners for my 2000 4 door XJ? Also need to get a set of rockers. Thank

I ordered my main beam from jcr there's a 12-15 day lead time on them my rears came from affordable offroad difference is that the affordable offroad are only ⅛ inch thick I wanted heavier steel for the mains because I'm welding the long arm kit to them

There's quite a few companies that make frame stiffeners. Iron Rock Off Road, RuffStuff Specialties, Hooligan, TNT, etc.

It depends on what you want, full set or just mid frame, but honestly, there's not much difference among the brands. Some are thicker than others, but it also depends on how hard you want to beat on your XJ. They are all basically the same, IMO.

I'm partial to the Iron Rock ones. I just installed a full set on my 99. They fit well and are reasonably priced. I would use them again, for sure.

As far as rockers go, I made my own. I looked into all sorts of rock sliders, but I couldn't find the features I wanted all in one set, so I opted to make them myself. It was a little bit of work, but I'm happy with the results.

I have IRO (mid), Hooligan (rear) and Ruffstuff installed on mine. It also comes down to what level and what you want to spend. IRO and Hooligan are good.
I am building another XJ. I have an IRO rear and ordered Hooligan for the mid and front. For the rear I'd rate IRO a bit better than the Hooligan. IRO has a filler piece, that Hooligan does not. For the mid section, Hooligan as it wraps to the backside. For the front I went with Hooligan as I am planning a long arm. They are suppose to have a cutout section to cover Long Arm or Short Arm. Also, remember that the price for Hooligan, shipping is included. The Ruffstuff fronts did not have the frame holes cut out. A lot of extra work.
Some others to look at are Dirt Bound and T&M.
https://www.t-mfab.com/store-3/mj-unibody-stiffiners/
I did use the inside frame stiffeners from T&M, both front and rear. I plan to order those and a few other items from them for my next build.

Last edited:
Just checked.
The Ruff Stuff front frame stiffners have holes cut for the steering box. The youtube video Ruffstuff put out even shows them. The three pieces are the same and you just flip it over to do passenger side.

I’m running the full IRO kit front to back with 2x6 rockers. Been very happy with that setup.

I’m running the full IRO kit front to back with 2x6 rockers. Been very happy with that setup.

The issue I was bringing up, is the Ruffstuff Front stiffeners are not drilled for the access for the bolt that attaches the upper control arm, also others. The Ruff Stuff fronts did fit against the frame well etc. Just factor the holes that will need to be drilled etc.

Back