• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale- 97 XJ on 36's and 1/2 ton axles

JimsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
It's a sad day when you put your jeep up for sale. Hopefully in the future I can get another one. Right now time, money, and family are keeping me from wheeling this so it's time to pass it on. I'm asking $5000. It's located in Binghamton, NY and not currently on the road. I can borrow a trailer and deliver it a reasonable distance.

1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 147,000 miles, runs great
4.0 L Inline 6 Cylinder, NP242 Transfer Case
• Full Power, Cruise, AC, Sunroof, 10 disc changer
• Rubicon Express 3” lift w/ full rear springs and extended spring shackles
• Rubicon Express Adjustable track bar and bracket
• JKS Adjustable front coil spacers
• JKS Quick Disconnects
• Ford ½ ton high pinion Dana 44 Front axle with 4.56 Yukon gears, Yukon alloy axles, Dana 760x u-joints, ARB Locking differential, and WARN Premium hubs
• Ford ½ ton 9” Rear axle with 4.56 Yukon gears, Yukon allow axles, anti-wrap spring perches, Ford Explorer disc brakes, and ARB Locking differential
• Custom 1 ton high clearance steering with hydro assist
• ARB Compressor (to run lockers and inflate tires)
• Tom Woods Slip Shaft Eliminator and driveshaft
• Pro Comp ES 9000 shocks all around
• TNT Customs front axle Truss kit
• TNT Customs Frame Rail Reinforcement kit
• TNT Customs Long Arm kit w/ transfer case skid
• Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid Plate
• Inner Air Inflatable beadlocks (needs tubes replaced, new tubes included)
• 36x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSL’s (about 30-50% tread left) on 15”x8” steel wheels
• Custom high clearance front winch bumper with 2 shackle points
• Rusty’s air tube intake with AEM filter
• Optima yellow top battery with marine connectors and charger hook up
• Full Husky liners
• Drawtite hitch
• Chopped quarter panels
• Some spare parts included (axle shafts, etc)

It has about an average amount of rust for a NY vehicle. To pass inspection in NY it needs rear brake cables and probably e-brake parts. I don't have enough posts to attach photos. I'll try to get them posted someplace else or can email them on request.

Thanks for looking. -Jim C

Appears on the surface to be a nice rig, BUT..not to bust balls, but a trip to Home Depot for a gallon bottle of Zep Purple cleaner/degreaser and a wash job would help the sale a lot for the people who have that kind of cash to throw at it...you can get a lot of 18 yr old mudmonkeys trying to lowball you with those pics, but it wont get you top dollar. Just a suggestion.
Rich

GLWS. This is even in my backyard. It would be tempting if I A) had the $$, and B) needed a rig on this coast. That would be nice, but the only thing worse than having an XJ is having two of them.

David Bricker / SYR

Back