• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FINALLY got my AM/FM reception back...

Well, the connection behind the kick panel was all good. Then I tore apart my dash and pulled the radio and that was all good. I've got one more thing to try, but any more suggestions while I've got it taken apart?

Ok so that wasnt it, any more suggestions? My battery also seems to be losing power, any relation?

Got it figured out, my Jensen 10-Disc changer must not be trail rated.

97XJ2 said:
Well, the connection behind the kick panel was all good. Then I tore apart my dash and pulled the radio and that was all good. I've got one more thing to try, but any more suggestions while I've got it taken apart?
That's what I'm searching for - how to tear the dash apart without breaking everything to hook up rear speakers.

Good thread, I had the same problem on my 92 but don't recall a spring in the connection, just the male/female cable connection.

Ok well to update for me, my FM modulated cd changer (as mentioned before) crapped itself on a trip that involved 60 miles of washboard/ potholes on a fire lane to the tip of the keweenaw and back. The signal was jumped into the antenna cable behind the radio and the modulater decided to stay on (thanks to the rough ride) therefore overriding regular FM stations, also explaining why I had to jump my jeep two times in a week for no apparent reason. The "center stack" comes out by 6 spring clips, one on each side by the vents, another set in between the radio and HVAC controls (on each side) and another set near the cigarette lighter/accesory port). Get your fingers/ fingernails under and pull at each of these locations. Hope thats what you were looking for, and for a 97+

Does anyone have a photo of this connection? I pulled the kickplate off, obviously saw all the fuses and plugs, but couldn't find a cable-like wire with a spring connection (the one to repair that will fix the reception issue).

Thanks very much.

I legit can't find the wire - does it pass along the fuse panel behind the kick panel, in front of it, or does it plug into the white plastic panel?

Thanks

Back