• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E85 Damage

I almost had to double my injector size when running 100% Ethanol in a race car. Fuel pumps were rebuilt quite frequently also. An aftermarket FPR should be able to make up the difference on a 4.0 running e85. Maybe some 19lb injectors also?

To fill up a 20 gallon tank with E85, doesn't it take almost a 50lb bag of Corn?

E85 is great stuff and if you build your engine/fuel system properly it can make some serious power. I am still kicking around the idea of building my spare LT1 into a 13.5:1 E85 engine.

To fill up a 20 gallon tank with E85, doesn't it take almost a 50lb bag of Corn?

The National Corn Growers Association says it takes 1 bushel of corn to make 2.8 gallons of ethanol. 20 gallons of E85 would be ~17 gallons of ethanol so if would take 6.07 bushels to fill the tank. One bushel weighs 56 pounds so 340 pounds of corn for 20 gallons E85.

Back