• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual t-cases eb dana 20/4:1 Klune V or just Rubi rock-trac 4:1 with an auto XJ, other

Dual t-cases, single 4:1 t-case gearing, Atlas 4:1+ in auto trans XJ

• Total voters
HTeK said:
The ideal ratio of 50:1 is calculated to include the ~1.8ish reduction given by the T.C., correct?
no. the reduction offered by the TC varies by tranny, so people with autos usually say what ratio they have and make sure to mention it's with an auto.

2.80 (AW4 1st gear) x 2.72 (np231) x 4.88 (diffs) = 37:1

I think this is nearly perfect, 5.13s would probably make it perfect on the street and crawling (39:1). This is with 35s of course, and that 50:1 number came from PBB and the average tire size in that thread was probably 38s.

BrettM said:
no. the reduction offered by the TC varies by tranny, so people with autos usually say what ratio they have and make sure to mention it's with an auto.

2.80 (AW4 1st gear) x 2.72 (np231) x 4.88 (diffs) = 37:1

I think this is nearly perfect, 5.13s would probably make it perfect on the street and crawling (39:1). This is with 35s of course, and that 50:1 number came from PBB and the average tire size in that thread was probably 38s.

Gotcha... good info.

Re: Dual t-cases eb dana 20/4:1 Klune V or just Rubi rock-trac 4:1 with an auto XJ, other

Damn, no more comments from the peanut gallery or Big Red himself? He must be busy reading Richard's post AGAIN..............................yeah right! :gag:

-Mike

I have run all 7 of the original hammers trails on my full with axles...

and have run in 2 competitions...

just thought id add that... :confused1

Re: Dual t-cases eb dana 20/4:1 Klune V or just Rubi rock-trac 4:1 with an auto XJ, other

Something is missing but I can't quite figure it out. :confused:

are you fawking kidding me!?
HOW THE FAWK DID THIS THREAD GET DRAGGED UP?

XJ_ranger said:

and have run in 2 competitions

So, how have you scored in these events anyway?
Sorry, hadto say it...

:wave:

if its anything he learned from Ron... Then he's fawked...:doh:
Only thing he probably became proficient at is welding razor blades together.

XJ_ranger said:

and have run in 2 competitions...

And what width did we decide we were going to make your next pair of axles? Not '76 F-150, I believe?

79 f 150? Or go with the super wide 05 f250.

Ramsey said:
79 f 150? Or go with the super wide 05 f250.

those are for my 40+ sportsman class rig! :gee:

XJ_ranger said:
those are for my 40+ sportsman class rig! :gee:

Got to put a 14 bolt in the back :firedevil

Back