• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers-Side water leak

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
Hello folks! Thought I would share some recent problems I had finding a water leak. Got my XJ last fall, and have been working on it non-stop since then. After heavy rain, the drivers side floor would be wet. I tried everything from engine bay to finally replacing the door seal. Thought I had it until I washed it Friday, but when I checked under the mat, it was wet again. Frustrating to say the least! I had checked the boot from the door holding the wire harness, and it was solid but I pulled it again and ripped out the kick panel.

Long story short, someone in the past had run a bypass wire presumably for the passenger control issue. They ran it through the harness, but around the internal grommet and left it hanging! I pulled it back, fished it through the grommet and reattached it. Problem solved! This XJ still yields some mysteries, but I am confident the leak has been sealed.

Back