• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double Shear TB bracket and pitman arm

80 you say!? Just curious, but how did you order that? What I mean is, did you just call and tell them what you wanted or did you provide some type of schematic or dimensions?

80 you say!? Just curious, but how did you order that? What I mean is, did you just call and tell them what you wanted or did you provide some type of schematic or dimensions?

yeah, $80 shipped. Its made of 1/4" plate and I gave Bryson, from Boostwerks.com, the measurements where I needed the mounting bolt to unlimately be positioned.

I placed the trackbar where it needed to be (parallel to the draglink) and then I measured where the hole in the johnny joint ended up being spacially.

I needed the bracket to position the hole 7.25" down from the frame rail and 5.75" outboard from the center of the frame rail. I sent him that info and he did the rest.

He sent me a rendering in CAD of what the finished mount would look like. I approved it and he cut and sent it. He drilled the most bottom hole but after I got it I
tweaked some stuff and I drilled the second, upper hole where my trackbar is mounted. I am going to cut off the excess (the bottom hole area) from the bracket since it does come close when full compression but doesnt hit. Still its close and if I came down hard it possibly could.

Contact him, he goes by boostwerks.com on here.

Last edited:
Thanks 2001XJ, Appreciate the insight! This could allow me to keep close to stock drop but push the frame side TB out a couple inches to maintain the length and forward to help clear the diff cover. I'll be grabbing my tape measure and mocking up some solutions very soon!

Hey fellas,

Not sure if anyone needs this or not. I've been putting this together piece by piece and figured the more info the better. There are some details missing so maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

5e3d4406-b011-40d8-be29-317d452405ae.jpg

Sweet info. Question though - Is the "outside frame offset" a reference from stock or from a specific frame location? (EDIT- other question removed because I realized it was a stupid one)

Thanks 2001XJ, Appreciate the insight! This could allow me to keep close to stock drop but push the frame side TB out a couple inches to maintain the length and forward to help clear the diff cover. I'll be grabbing my tape measure and mocking up some solutions very soon!

No problem, I forgot to mention, it comes in pieces. He supplies all the plate steel in the shapes and gussets made to make it up. You have to weld it together.

2001XJ,

aw Bummer. I don't have access to a welder. Maybe I can con a friend into it! LOL

SolarBell,

Yes, I was referencing from the stock location. Most of those are best guess estimates. It's surprising how little detail the MFG's could provide.

If there are any MFG's reading this, it would be a great idea to fab a bracket that is stock drop but pushed an inch forward and about 3 inches out toward the fender. That would help those of us running high steer setups keep the trackbar as long as possible. Just a thought!

2001XJ,

aw Bummer. I don't have access to a welder. Maybe I can con a friend into it! LOL

SolarBell,

Yes, I was referencing from the stock location. Most of those are best guess estimates. It's surprising how little detail the MFG's could provide.

If there are any MFG's reading this, it would be a great idea to fab a bracket that is stock drop but pushed an inch forward and about 3 inches out toward the fender. That would help those of us running high steer setups keep the trackbar as long as possible. Just a thought!

Im sure Bryson could weld it up for you but it would cost more..

i'm typically not a welding Nazi. But on something as important as a track bar those welds look like they have zero penetration. I dont care if your welds look like a roll of dimes or not. But when it appears you tried to butt weld two parts and all you did was melt wire and lay it ontop. thats not what your shooting for

i'm typically not a welding Nazi. But on something as important as a track bar those welds look like they have zero penetration. I dont care if your welds look like a roll of dimes or not. But when it appears you tried to butt weld two parts and all you did was melt wire and lay it ontop. thats not what your shooting for

I didn't weld it but thanks for pointing that out

Back