• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Discord Chat System?

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
It's been working really pretty well. I've seen no real issues. It allows for posting of pictures, etc., and seem fast. It's been running for about 6-8 months.

David Bricker / SYR

I wasn't able to find time to try it out. I need to try it soon as everyone that I have seen talk about it really likes it.

Ok. I downloaded the app for my iPad and set up my account. I got a chance to log in and it looks like it will be a lot nicer than the old chat.

I do need to figure out how to change my avatar in there. I went to my profile but didn't see anything that allowed me to add an image.

Now we need to set up a chat night one night during the week.

Just jump on any old time. I tend to normally be logged in, as well as a small core of SoCal crazies. I don't always respond immediately, since it's in the background for me.

Do be aware that the chat is not necessarily policed as tight as NAXJA. check feelings at the door, at times. If it does get too much, we do issues warnings and can block people. but, it hasn't been a big issue so far.

David Bricker / SYR

I got on but no one was talking so I just looked around.

Under the old chat you could create subgroups.....can you do that here? I'd hate to be talking about something with some friends that the SoCal guys didn't want to be interrupted with. We used to do a SEC chat.

I'll log in sometime and chat. I used to live in California so I might just fit right in with the SoCal group.

We were perfectly happy to abuse you this evening - you fit in just fine.

They can be additional groups on Discord, but I'm not sure how flexible the set up is. I will do some checking. In the meantime, just interrupt the SoCal folks - they deserve it anyway.

David Bricker / SYR

Guys, the Discord chat system works great. I logged in last night and chatted with the SoCal guys (since they seem to be the main users so far).

Anybody up for chat soon?

It works pretty good

Back