• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DirtBound Offroad lead time

i've ordered a front bumper on 3-14. left several voicemails and emails within the last few weeks and have not had ANY response back. I could understand the workload your under and expecting a long lead time, but sending over $562 without a response back isnt a situation i want to be in. Just a little communication of when i should expect it to be shipped or how many orders before mine your working on wouldn't hurt. if it'll be easier, i'll go pick it up myself. your work looks great, your prices are kick ass but i don't think its good to leave us in the dark

Shorty after I posted I received a email with a tracking number for my order. I haven't had time to weld anything but man the steel cuts fit together real nice.
I will have to post picks when they are together and painted.

Thanks Max !

I also am dealing with a very long lead time. I ordered my front bumper. I ordered it on 3/9/12 with the tax sale discount. I under stand Max is Swamped but at the same time, I thought I would be rolling around with a bumper and winch by now. I just want to go out and have fun with it already and I really hope Im not going to have to wait another month....

Well I got my bumper today 4-24-12 a little over a month and a half after I ordered it. I love the bumper and I am very very happy with it so far. Still have to powdercoat it and mount it though.

over 2 months have gone by with little response back. Got my hopes up when an email was sent that my bumper was being cut and should be done later that day. He had also offered to personally deliver it w/ a shipping refund. That was 2 weeks ago. Understand if it's a one man operation, he's getting over the flu or looking for a new shop, but after reading several other threads, his history of long lead times and lack of communication is happening often. Wish he would respond to my voice and emails as often as he responds to the forums. Hate to sound like a pain but there hasn't been any progress of what's already been paid for

Just got my bumper yesterday. It was just over 2 months, but that's only slightly longer than it took JCR to get me my old bumper. Quality fabrication takes longer when you're buying from a small shop with low overhead. That's why Warn charges over $1000 for theirs. More people, bigger building(s), more overhead, but it allows them to make product quickly and have it sitting on a shelf waiting. I chose to spend less money and buy from a smaller shop (both times) and as such was ok with less than perfect service. :)

FWIW Dirtbound's lead time should drop considerably from here on out. I don't know if any of you have tried to move a business from a garage to an actual commercial building, let alone a fab shop and all it's tools and equipment, but it doesn't happen in a day it takes weeks.

Communication is important though I agree. IMO this is the only place Max has fallen short. considering the circumstances he is doing a great job with what he has to work with.

Louie stopped by the shop today and picked up his bumper.

Things are getting back to speed, the number of orders that have shipped since last thursday has been way more then I would have been able to get out in the old garage in the same amount of time. I have had help here every day, but I still spend a majority of my time in the shop away from the phones and computer.

I completely agree about poor communication sometimes, and it is a area I am working on improving on.

bumper mounted up no problem. everything looks killer and only needed to wipe down w/ acetone before paint. thanks Max and will be more items on order in the future.

560058_394582827246861_100000854407070_1062182_147851253_n.jpg

Back