• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deaver clearance issues

I did the rustys (I HATE EVERYTHING RUSTYS) shackle reinforcment brackets and never had an issue with separation or such after that.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/builde...rear-spring-mount-reinforcement-brackets.html

just weld em in...

I'm planning on doing those. I'll have to cut out one of my kickers which run up to my 2x6 rockers, which is also tied into the front of the spring hanger. I like that they plate the outer face and strengthen the front of the mount.

Hmm, looking at your pictures in order for the spring to come up and hit where it's been hitting I think you might be inverting the spring. Have much travel are you running in the rear?

I'm running 14" Bilsteins through the floor in the rear. Right now I have it split at 7" up/down. Bumps hit at around 5" up and I'd say they compress about 1" at the most.

I think that highest dent is from when I landed hard on a rock on the drivers side and ripped the front spring clamp off. I'm guessing when it was dangling around loose for the duration of the trail that it made its way up near the spring eye and got crunched in there when the suspension cycled.

I've seen that dent created when using a pry bar between the spring eye and the floor to line up the opening for the leaf spring bolt. I assumed that you didn't see the dent until after running the Deavers, but if you're not the original owner it could have happened anytime in the past.

well, after seeing Boostwerks go all CrayolaScientific on it, I have to think he might be right.

I've seen that dent created when using a pry bar between the spring eye and the floor to line up the opening for the leaf spring bolt. I assumed that you didn't see the dent until after running the Deavers, but if you're not the original owner it could have happened anytime in the past.

I just went out and looked again. The dent is identical on the passenger side (pic is of driver side). The dent definitely came from the front most spring clamp.

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm looking to purchase one of these G9 leaf packs and am wondering what shackles you guys are using in your rigs. It sounds like I'll need a boomerang style shackle and am shooting for about 6 inches between upper bolt hole and lower bolt hole.

- What brand are you guys using (or are you making your own)?

- Are most of the major brand name boomerang shackles similar in quality?

- What are the obvious choices?

- What should I steer clear of?

Thanks!

i used the rubicon express ones
then the JKS ones
then custom made ones.

noticed no difference between them.

Back