• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Das Auto

Thanks guys.

Some more upgrades in the past month.

Before:

DSCF1934.jpg

IMG-20101219-00142.jpg

After

20150815141510-cb633f85-xl.jpg

20150815141506-722689e7-xl.jpg

20150815141513-a84fdd16-xl.jpg

I'm sorry, but for that plate, you need to have an XJ or MJ........ surrender it immediately to one of our red-letter chapter members.

Or get your shit together, your frau on board, and come get one of these MJ's I have languishing in captivity and get it put together as nice as that Audi.......

NAXJA plate on an Audi...... honestly. :rolleyes: :nono:

Brakes are next!

Installed these a few weeks back now. This is a factory Q5 Brembo 4 piston caliper with an S4 345mm rotor. Stock brakes were single piston, 288mm. The upgrade in stopping power is amazing. Before I used to feel like an emergency stop on the highway would lead to me sliding under a semi. Now if you stomp on it these things will put you through the windshield.

20151001105744-a35b291c.jpg

20150919175739-7f058460-la.jpg

20150919180143-8ef393e7-la.jpg

20150919175733-9212c826-la.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love Brembos. I can absolutely identify with your improved stopping power with those. Curious to see what the brake dust situation will be with that set up. The factory Brembo pads SUCK. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

The Hawk pads I put on the SRT8 have been amazingly clean and yes, there was a small notable loss of stopping quality at speed, but the in-traffic or at stop light slow speed sudden stop is gone. It's not a track car so we're very happy with the change to the Hawks.

That brake upgrade alone has to be one of the best things ever.
I need you and Anthony to get all add on the jeep so it's all fancy and nice lol

Gotta love Brembos. I can absolutely identify with your improved stopping power with those. Curious to see what the brake dust situation will be with that set up. The factory Brembo pads SUCK. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

The Hawk pads I put on the SRT8 have been amazingly clean and yes, there was a small notable loss of stopping quality at speed, but the in-traffic or at stop light slow speed sudden stop is gone. It's not a track car so we're very happy with the change to the Hawks.

The EBC redstuff pads I had before were pretty dusty. I still have those on the rear so it will be a nice comparison over time. So far I am not seeing a whole lot with the Centrics. I definitely have a more noticeable cold bite than before beyond what I would expect from just the caliper change. Hawks were on my list and are typically well liked by the euro crowd.

That brake upgrade alone has to be one of the best things ever.
I need you and Anthony to get all add on the jeep so it's all fancy and nice lol

You cannot afford me.
bling.gif

And if you're not using BDP to clean your wheels....... you're working WAY too hard! Get this stuff direct from the Plasti-Dip guys. They do purchase incentives/discounts. SO worth the price, which really isn't all that bad considering how good it works.

Takes damn near half the bottle per wash with the dusty Brembo pads, but with the Hawks, I get 6-9 washes from a bottle.

Just don't inhale when spraying it especially when its breezy out........ it's like pepper spray...... :nono:

shopping

Last edited:
Passenger rear window regulator imploded last night. Annoyingly enough the plastic slide on this regulator broke about 4 months ago. The single part is not serviceable, but they break so often that a company started making them, $15 a pair IIRC. So I was just in that door not too long ago. The orange piece is factory and you can see the channel that holds the cable has broken apart. The green replacement actually broke while I was installing it, mostly my fault. So I ended up ordering another.

20160918134924-fc04b2b9-xl.jpg

Fast forward to last night. The Audi regulator is $120 and lasted 12 years. Probably going to pickup the ÜRO replacement for $31 with a 2 year warranty. Likely the first non-oem/non-upgrade part I have put on this. But it's not like the window gets a lot of use and I probably won't have it for another 12 years.

20160918134208-17cc89f2-xl.jpg

20160918134211-29371511-xl.jpg

20160918134212-5ee67820-xl.jpg

Back