• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn synthetic t6 rotella is hard to find

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
No one has had 5w40 t6 in stock for weeks besides places wanting twice what it costs. 3 gallons from Walmart used to run me about $70 now the only places that have it are crazy over priced .I ended up ordering Amsoil signature series heavy-duty synthetic diesel oil in 5w40 since the price shipped with discount code was about what these places are asking for Rotella now. I'm deleted the duty cycle Amsoil claims for this even in the low end for stop and go is 15k Mike's and it's 25k for highway non stop and go so it's actually cheaper compared to my 5k mile service with t6 rotella. Still can't believe how hard that crap is to find the last Two months

I consider 10k a good compromise.

It's what I've been doing on my Jeeps for the past 15-20 years when running heavy duty diesel oil. Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40, Shell T6 5w-40, Shell T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30, ...

My current go-to is the T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30 readily available from NAPA.

I consider 10k a good compromise.

It's what I've been doing on my Jeeps for the past 15-20 years when running heavy duty diesel oil. Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40, Shell T6 5w-40, Shell T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30, ...

My current go-to is the T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30 readily available from NAPA.

In my 4.0 I just run Mobil 1 synthetic . In the 6.7 I ran T-6 5w40 . No one had that similar spec oils oriellys got one pallet of t6 but it was 15w 40 which is ok if it's not too cold or you park inside and use your block heater I'm parked outside too far for a plug in so I don't run the thicker stuff . I got 3 gallons of amsoil synthetic signature series for about $140 shipped it only took 2 data to arrive so this is the route I'll probably go for now on with the pickup .The up front cust is double but the drain interval actually makes it less.

Back