• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coyote lake July 28-31

Redxj5150

NAXJA Forum User
In lieu of Swamp Lake this year we've decided to do a weekend at Coyote .

The trail is moderately hard. Bring a well maintained rig on at least 32s, one locker, proper rocker armor and towing points.

This trip is mostly a camping trip to get away for a good long weekend. Bring some inflatable boats and fishing poles maybe even your kids if you have any.

I love this trail... hmm. I might even try to make this but we are doing it as part of Sierra Fest a few weeks after you.

Locker(s)? Pfffft!

Inflatable boat FTW!

I've done Swamp Lake, never been on this one. Mosquito omelets make for a hearty breakfast.

Well, with Goatman changing the date every couple days... Finally got this sucker locked down!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've done Swamp Lake, never been on this one. Mosquito omelets make for a hearty breakfast.
My all time favorite trail, been running it since 1987 but, haven't been up there in almost 7 years......some buddies of mine are up there this weekend and I couldn't make it because all of my camping gear is still in Utard!
I always call the ranger district in Prather to get conditions and was informed that the mosquitos are especially brutal this year......maybe I didn't want to go afterall, I HATE MOSQUITOS!
It's a fun, challenging (depending on the previous winter) and really scenic area with good fishing and hiking opertunities.........tougher than Swamp but, well worth the extra effort.
Hans

Less than two weeks away. If anyone is looking for something to do that weekend, let's go wheeling! small groups going in on Thursday morning, Friday Morning and Friday night. Family friendly trip with kids. Let me know if you want to go wheeling!

Coyote Lake run this week!
THURSDAY morning: Meet at McDonalds on Merle Haggard (BAKERSFIELD) @ 6am Leave at 6:15am for Trail.
FRIDAY Morning:Meet at McDonalds on Merle Haggard (BAKERSFIELD) @ 6am Leave at 6:15am for Trail
FRIDAY NIGHT: TBD
Everyone is welcome, post up if you want to go!

Locker(s)? Pfffft!

Inflatable boat FTW!

Yes, inflatable boat is perfect although the water is a bit on the cool side :pirate1:

Had a great 4 days on Coyote lake. There was a bit of carnage.. Broken TRE, a xmember that lost all bolts on one side, a offroad trailer bent axle/tire, ripped out tail light, bent driveline and... I broke my steering gearbox on the way out. Also had a BIG bear pester us all weekend. good times!

e0d7fc17f4c2c3112757fb7e1f7706f5.jpg
02b39385a7e01fe3689048096483f744.jpg
dc149d4d37611d8326d557915dd4338e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

what broke?

Big ol Brown bear huh?

Was 168 closed on your way up or down due to the goose fire ?

what broke?

Big ol Brown bear huh?

Was 168 closed on your way up or down due to the goose fire ?

Broke the steering Gearbox. One ear broke and one bolt broke. had to drill out the broken bolt and limp back with 2 bolts and some big hose clamps holding it on.

168 was open, people were evacuating from the area when we got to the bottom of the grade.

Back