• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper Discoverer STT??

I had both the STT's and KM2's and i liked the coopers better for everything, including road driving. Super quiet and awesome traction. i liked them better than my current toyo mt's.

I've had the following:

KM2s - LOUD
BFG ATs - Too tame
Nitto Trail Grap - LOUD
Nitto Terrain Grap - too loud for how tame they are
GY Duratrac - best by far

I LOVE these tires! I've had 2 sets, and plan to buy a third set at tax time.
They are as smooth and almost as quiet as BFG Mall-terrains, and do great in snow and rain, as well as awesome in every situation I've been in off road. I got 45,000 miles out of one set, the second set I got used with 1/2 tread, and ran them for 8 months before selling the jeep they were on. From my experience, they are my favorite all-around tire for a 4x4, and I would recommend them to anybody who wants a tire that does great on the trail, as well as really good on the street.

Thanks guys... gonna check with my local tire shop to see what they can get a set for since DTD cant get my size!

It's a tossup between 30" STT's or a 30.7" Duratrac.... I want the 30" tire as it goes with my 3.55's and wont hurt mileage too much...

So I've narrowed it down to these 2:

30x9.5-15 STT with these wheels:
t_20120130.mbmtko.mtb.ang.jpg

Or the 245/75-16 Duratrac with these wheels:
t_20130904.mbm352.mtb.ang.jpg

What should I do with my Jeep being a DD / expedition / trail rig in mind??

Last edited:
I just ordered a set of these, I got what i thought was a good deal on 4 mounted, balance with equal for 800 out the door, In CT things are exspensive so I'm sure there are better deals to be had else where.
As far as I know cooper hasn't changed the STT but they have infact changed the ST to a ST max which is very nice and similar to a gy duratrac.

I just bought my fourth set of these bad boys in 32" flavor. They are still my favorite tire for a jeep, bar none. I was excited to still be able to find some for a 15" wheel.

OP is funny. I was literally in the exact situation. needed new 35s, called our tire distributor and he told me i could get 35" KM2s. called back the next day to ask if they had been ordered and he said they were on back order so he sold me on a set of cooper STTs. i should be getting them this week. Ive heard theyre fantastic offroad and are molded very true so theyre easier to balance than most oversized tires.

STTs have been nothing but kind to me. Great offroad, awesome onroad. they are actually quiet on pavement compaired to some other tires. The only thing that I can stress enough is rotate, rotate, rotate. That goes for any tire anyway. Just a thought. Run 35's on my xj. :eeks1:

Back