• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Considering a full size Diesel truck, opinions?

DrMoab said:
Like the others said, availabity.

Funny thing though, I work in the oil fields and all I see this year are Dodges. Since they started offering Cab and chassis trucks the Fords are almost non-existent.
That ought to be your best indication. Years ago I lived in Arkansa and when the farmers had a good year they would all buy the same new truck. It happened to be the truck with the best reputation at the time. Times look like they swung in favor of Dodge. I'm sure some of the problems with the bodys have been worked out by now while Ford and Chevy can't get past engine issues. Speaking of Chevy I drove a new Chevy mini van from Tulsa OK to Coffeville KS and thru Witchita to Hutchison KS today and yesterday. What a POS that van was. 3500 miles on it. Everthing from water leaking in to lift gate handle pinching you was crap. The thing had no power and then it would downshift two gears and rev way up. A miserable thing to have to drive. Here is a trick if you need a one way rental: Don't tell them that you won't be dropping it off at the same location. They will give you the highest milage or damaged repaired car they have on the lot. I got a new van in Tulsa but returned in Witchita but would have gotten a 30,000 mile Turas or worse if I had told them. 30K is worn out junk on a rental car so steer clear of most Program cars too. Carfax will tell you if it was a rental.

I have an 03 f-250 crew cab 6.0 PSD and I love it. I get 20mpg daily driving and get 14-16 towing the XJ. Only issue it's ever had is the alternator crapped out 2 weeks ago. I looked at Dodge I wanted the Cummins, but everyone I know with a dodge is on at least their 2nd tranny, and the interior just felt cheap. I heard about all the issues with the 6.0 but when you sell more trucks then all your competitors combined your bound to have more publicity surrounding your mistakes.

As I understand it the f250 and the f350 are the same truck only difference is the badge on the side, the rating on the door sticker and the 4" blocks in the rear. I think 02 was the year everything became the same.

Does Chevy make a full size truck?

The Dodge only has the Cummings goin for it. Maybe they are better now I dunno havent driven any one newer than an 04. But I did notice that a 2 door 6.0 Powerstoke 4x4 std axle '07 was about $45,000 at the auto show. Now the Dodge 4 door cummings 6 speed dually without a bed was only $27,000. I could build a flat bed for it for about $800. Hell A new bed for one of those with paint would be about 2100

Barger said:
I looked at Dodge I wanted the Cummins, but everyone I know with a dodge is on at least their 2nd tranny, and the interior just felt cheap.

Hi, my name is John. Nice to meet you. You now know someone who has a 98 Dodge Diesel Automatic with 240,000 miles with nothing but servicing. :D BTW, the leather is quite nice.

Barger said:
I heard about all the issues with the 6.0 but when you sell more trucks then all your competitors combined your bound to have more publicity surrounding your mistakes.

Huh? I'd like to see some numbers. Are you saying Ford sells more trucks than Dodge, Chevy, and GMC combined?

Prove it please.

Barger said:
Does Chevy make a full size truck?
Are you seriously using the "it doesn't exist" defense. What is this...second grade?
4kwla1g.jpg

Back