• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clutch replacement

yhateanxj?

NAXJA Forum User
So the time has come, clutch is finally giving way in the xj. Looking for Anyone to either work on, know of someone who does or a recommended shop close to portland area. Its still very drivable, so I can travel to have it done. Ive talked to a couple local shops, but they want upwards of $5-900 to replace. I dont have enough experience or space to tackle myself. I would prefer to keep the job within this community to help out another financially, so a shop is last resort. Can pay for parts and your time up front or when finished and I will also lend a hand during process. Thank you- Josh

Man, I totally expected at least 1 person would know of a good shop, someone with some downtime, or one in need of some extra cash. Guess I'll have to take it to a shop. At least I tried to support someone on here before getting f'd in the A locally.

Didn't see this till now

I've taken my parents old Late model XJ in to Patrick at "Good guys auto care"

He's a Jeeper and a good guy to talk to:cheers:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1088498

Give him a call, and tell him the guys on NAXJA sent you in!

Edit: I'd love to help you personally, but Life's hectic right now..

Last edited:
hmm. Odd Try the
maQz5itEDuy.png

(503) 788-6355 ??????

Welp.. That's my only real personal experience I have with a local shop..

Next? I know there's many good shops locally..

Im thinking of stopping by the location in clackamas just to see if they are still up and running. So in the meantime, if they are no longer available, any secondary suggestions would be much appreciated. Ive talked to oc car care, aamco, and Bernard garage. Of the 3, only oc car care seemed reasonable and decent people. They are right next to land cruiser specialities off beavercreek. But I'd like to keep wherever I use within the community here, so if anyone else has a reference, or has the time to do it, that'd be great.

Back