• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cigars

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
I got a wild hair the other day and finally broke down and bought myself a small humidor and a hand full of some decent cigars. I've been smoking one every now and then for the past couple years but I recently stopped smoking cigarettes and I think it's time I collect nice cigars and smoke one every now and then.

What do you guys prefer? What kind of collections do you have?

I bought a couple Ashtons, Olivias, Cohibas and some other ones that looked cool that I don't remember the name.

Now, lets get this straight. I have no clue what I'm doing. I've been reading about this stuff like crazy! I really want to learn all about cigars since I really enjoy a nice cigar while sitting around with friends and family from time to time. Plus, my fiance is also interested in helping me collect them and we both think it'll be an interesting hobby. :)

I know I've seen at least some of you are into cigars... I've seen at least one picture of a cigar collection on here. Perhaps it was Urban Yan. I don't remember.

Let me know how you feel about it! What do you like? Where to you get them? Tips that I need to know? Anything relative.

Btw, I really liked the Ashton Classic that I had on Saturday. Maybe that'll give you an idea of what I like. I really haven't tried any heavy ones yet. They've always been fairly mild.

Thanks for your time! :)
~Andy~

Ralph seems to know his cigars. I just have a small humidor as well.

I'm waiting for some nice weather to smoke my Cuban Cohibas. I enjoy Ashtons when I can afford them, and I find it's hard to go wrong with Arturo Fuentes. The Chateau size has a nice presentation, and the sungrown versions are a good option if you want to move up to something with a bold flavor.

lol, I wondered how long it would take you to post up. I saw a picture you posted a while back of your humidor, which brought up your name.

I keep hearing about Arturo Fuentes. I'm pretty sure that will be my next purchase.

As a matter of fact this is what's in my other tab atm - http://www.thompsoncigar.com/produc...OON-PERFECTO/73671/sc/9057/c/9056/pc/8335.uts

I'll buy one or two next time I go to town. I'm actually interested in finding one that I like to buy a box for my wedding that's upcoming in June.

Everytime I see something like that, I'm tempted turn my closet into a humidor. Who needs a place to hang their pants anyways lol.

I have yet to try the Hemingways. Atlantic Cigar sells them in a 5-Packs; I might buy them the next time I place an order. http://www.atlanticcigar.com/manufacturer/Arturo-Fuente-Hemingway.asp

lol, I asked my fiancé today if I could convert our only bathroom into a walk-in humidor. She wasn't so fond of the idea.

check this site out for some great info
www.puff.com/forums/vb/
I like oliva padron and fuente. Oliva are really good and are a great price.

I'll check it out in a few.
I've got 2 Olivia's in my humidor now. Those will be the next ones I grab.

romeo y julietas

Smoked one of those that a friend of mine brought back from mexico last month.

Has anyone ever made their own humidor?

Look at Punch, its a great cigar for the price also another decent mid priced is Padron. I've always enjoyed Macanudos but typically can't scrape up the $$$ to buy one...

For a good smooth burn, a black or green banded Arturo Fuente. Typically the light colored cigars are smoother, but I have had some very smooth darker ones too. Punch and Padron are also on my list too.

Speaking of which, its time for me to re-stock my little humidor...

It's fun to try different cigars but once I have found what I like I tend to stick to those. I favor La Gloria Cubanas. The Wavell and Serie R are good. I prefer the maduros. Our local cigar shop has a guy from the Dominican Republic that hand rolls cigars in the store. They are pretty good and the price is right so that's what I've been smoking lately. Have fun trying out all kinds of cigars. It's a good idea to make yourself a journal. Try out a cigar and write down your impressions. I've tried so many different cigars that sometimes I forget whether I've tried one before or not.

I smoke mainly Partagas Cifuentes...those are probably my favorite. Light colored wrapper, smooth, not too bold. IMO the dark oily wrapped cigars like the dark CAO tend to leave you with a bad, bitter aftertaste.

Bought a CAO Cameroon, A. Fuentes Perfecto and a Cameroon Short Story.

I head several guys mention A. Fuente Opus-X... How hard are those to come by?

The shop in town has 23 of them. He wants $70 each for them. I see them online for half that...

To the OP...a few years back when I was starting my adventure into cigar smoking and appreciation, I purchased Cigar Aficionado's Cigar Companion book. It's an AWESOME book for the beginner to intermediate smoker. It gives you detailed descriptions of hundreds of cigars and explains to you what you should be tasting when smoking. Also talks a bit about what type drinks go best with what smokes. It's a really good book to sit down with when enjoying a cigar, read about that cigar and try to notice the flavors the book tells you are in it.

Back