• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler sent the list of my factory installed components...

jefpac said:
Now for he best part of all: Jeeps are IMPORT cars in France. Anyone want to guess how much replacement parts and service cost over here? (Clue: DAIMLER-Chrysler. Can you say Mercedes-Benz?)

If it's a '92, you might have better luck (and a larger wallet afterwards) going to a Renault garage.

The Cherokee was designed during the AMC-Renault years and was sold in France as a Renault until about '93-'94 when Chrysler started "officially" Importing them for the European market.

Parts at my local garage (Renault) are about 2/3 the price of parts at the local motor factors. I haven't even dared ask at a Chrysler dealer.

Steve (Correze) said:
If it's a '92, you might have better luck (and a larger wallet afterwards) going to a Renault garage.

The Cherokee was designed during the AMC-Renault years and was sold in France as a Renault until about '93-'94 when Chrysler started "officially" Importing them for the European market.

Parts at my local garage (Renault) are about 2/3 the price of parts at the local motor factors. I haven't even dared ask at a Chrysler dealer.

Thank you!!! That's the best advice I've received since I bought this Jeep.:cheers:

jefpac said:
Thank you!!! That's the best advice I've received since I bought this Jeep.:cheers:

I sell on Ebay and ship internationally.
There are "International Flat Rate Boxes" that have a fixed postage rate of $38- U.S.D. They measure (in inches) 6 X 8.5 X 11 and 3.5 X 12 X 14.
Since you have NAXJA friends in the U.S. you might consider that option. I think a brake rotor would fit in one and an alternator / starter in the other.

Just another option if customs allows import of "used repair" parts.

Mike

PhotographerMike said:
Just another option if customs allows import of "used repair" parts.

Mike

Thank you for your kind offer! Its always a good thing to have more options.:cheers:

I will check with the Douane (French Customs) office to see what passes muster. Just like in the US, its always complicated when you want/need to bring auto parts in from another country.

Last year I eBayed a new exhaust manifold from the US. IIRC it was about $100-$125 + shipping. No biggie. About three months later, I received a bill from Douane for about €80 in customs fees. :banghead: I'm not really looking to repeat that scenario.

With any luck, I'll be returning to North America (probably Canada) later this year. I have a few small outstanding issues I'd like to resolve BEFORE I make the move. Having options to avoid the dealer's pricing is a wonderful thing.

Back