• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Crawl '10

I'm going to bring this back to the top. The BOD is going to be working on the calendar for 2010 and we need to know where you guys want to see the various events.

I know i'm new to the SEC but the 4th will never work for me either. We have a big "throw down" at the Lake that weekend every year. But hey...that just me. I would prob. drive 3 hrs or so to the Crawl. Unfortunately i have to tow rig. My DD might blow up pulling my XJ!!
I DO want to attend though

I'm going to bring this back to the top. The BOD is going to be working on the calendar for 2010 and we need to know where you guys want to see the various events.

As close to Birmingham as possible!! :cheers:

the 4th is the reason I didn't make it this past year, the weekend following the 4th weekend is best for me.....

the 4th is the reason I didn't make it this past year, the weekend following the 4th weekend is best for me.....

I thought it was because you had to replace an air unit? So does this mean that that weekend is booked for you? Looks like most prefer the 4th weekend.

The 4th is fine. BUT i'm not going to take my vacation during that weekend just to go wheelin. If I get the call for work the money is worth it for the holiday. I'd be willing to take my 2 jeeps to KY or somewhere decent if everyone had good times there.

Chris, get me the CJ and I could quite possibly have it ready by then! Lol. No promises though.

I thought it was because you had to replace an air unit? So does this mean that that weekend is booked for you? Looks like most prefer the 4th weekend.

That was the other reason I couldn't make it. And your memory is much better than mine.

I'd rather see the event moved to a non-holiday weekend. When I was without kids, it was easy to pack up and go somewhere on a holiday weekend, but now there's just too much family stuff going on. It's hard to justify to the rest of the family that you want to skip out on barbeque's and get togethers so you can go wheeling.

I'd vote to move it a couple weeks before or after. If people want to come, they'll find a way.

I know i'm new to the SEC but the 4th will never work for me either. We have a big "throw down" at the Lake that weekend every year. But hey...that just me. I would prob. drive 3 hrs or so to the Crawl. Unfortunately i have to tow rig. My DD might blow up pulling my XJ!!
I DO want to attend though

TOW??? What are you going to tow with? Ya gotta drive it...you getting soft at your young age?:scared:
As for date, I'm thinking a date off of a holiday would be better for both the family reason and work reasons mentioned above. If I could get the heep quieted down a bit, I think we'd do up to 6 hrs driving....anyone want a Flowmaster with dual outlet cut off right in front of the gas tank???

locations...we're doing the Fall for All at Grayrock next month. That always seems to be a huge event (700 trucks last year?). We've got The Offroad Connection and BlueTorch locally for possible support. Matter of fact, I think we had an auto parts house bring up a truck full of parts at last years event (Advance Auto?). Anyone been to Choccolocco yet? I think Mtnside is likely too small, but I've only been there once.

Im get no vacation time other than the week of the 4th of july and the week of Christmas, so that would be BEST for me. However, I am always off on Fri, Sat, Sun, so I can be flexible if need be. Whatever we do, we need to figure it out quick so people can put in a notice to be off if need be.

TOW??? What are you going to tow with? Ya gotta drive it...you getting soft at your young age?:scared:
As for date, I'm thinking a date off of a holiday would be better for both the family reason and work reasons mentioned above. If I could get the heep quieted down a bit, I think we'd do up to 6 hrs driving....anyone want a Flowmaster with dual outlet cut off right in front of the gas tank???

locations...we're doing the Fall for All at Grayrock next month. That always seems to be a huge event (700 trucks last year?). We've got The Offroad Connection and BlueTorch locally for possible support. Matter of fact, I think we had an auto parts house bring up a truck full of parts at last years event (Advance Auto?). Anyone been to Choccolocco yet? I think Mtnside is likely too small, but I've only been there once.

Sorry, must have been a late night when i posted that....should have read...I have NO tow rig...i have to drive my XJ everywhere i wheel

Back