• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Drive Shafts In LA!

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Remi asked me to share this. I get my drive shafts in Compton by a place called B&H Drive Shaft. Again it is in COMPTON, CA (GHETTO). After turing in your old drive shaft, they charge $100 to make a CV telescoping shaft balanced and ready to go. I use one and carry a spare. I did bend one on a huge rock in Moab a couple of months ago but let us just say I had P.M.S.

Again this is in the GHETTO . You will get a lot farther if you speak Spanish. I don't think they will ship. They want you to show up and they will take the measurements. They share a shop with a CV Joint guy and have a lot of bars on the windows and cages inside. I go at 8:00 in the morning and they usually have them done by noon.

B&H Drive Shaft
Martin Bernardo
828 E. Compton Blvd.,
Compton, CA 90221
310-603-1355

Go there at your own risk :laugh3:

Kejtar said:
I'll be paying them a visit after I come back from vacation :) My front one I think is clunking ;)

You sure that clunk is not in your head =P

Are these just basic 1/2 ton nothing fancy shafts? Any pics to show quality?

BrettM said:
let me guess, payment in cash or drugs only :laugh3:

Oh yeah, CASH ONLY. I am not sure about the drugs part though. I will ask for you Brett. Got any good blow to trade with?

sintax said:
Are these just basic 1/2 ton nothing fancy shafts? Any pics to show quality?

I think they are basic shafts. Whether they are 1/2 ton or not I am unsure. As I said, I bent one on a big rock (rock ledge) I was trying to get up on in Moab but other than that I have had no issues. I do carry a spare. They cut and make new ones from old ones. They are balanced and I have not noticed any vibes or any problems. Martin is a nice guy and I think he is just trying to earn an honest dollar.

As far as pics, this is the only one I have on my computer right now.

FileHandler.ashx

I added the boot.

A Cracker in Compton, that's a site you won't see every day!

explicit%20cracker.jpg

:wave:​

Dude that rocks! I am going to change my avatar to that!

cracker said:
Dude that rocks! I am going to change my avatar to that!
looks like they closed the door on it. :(

BTT for Cupcake! :kissyou:

freerider15 said:
Hmmm, I might have to look into that, would be a good replacement for the front shaft. If I ever go there, im gonna dress up in the shittiest looking, oil ragged clothes I got. :D

I can do the drive-by in compton and set up the 'deal.' Still got the shafts?

Hey Avery...nope, no more shafts man:(. Sadly enough even with what I made off of them, im still in the hole bill wise so i'm probably going to have to wait another two weeks to get a new tire...since I can barely make hours here with my schedule.

Ghetto?!? Hell yeah! My dads liquor store is right aroung the corner... Get you drive shafts done, go to Barons Liquor and pick up a Chili Hot Link & Chili Tamale....

Scott

cracker said:
Remi asked me to share this. I get my drive shafts in Compton by a place called B&H Drive Shaft. Again it is in COMPTON, CA (GHETTO). After turing in your old drive shaft, they charge $100 to make a CV telescoping shaft balanced and ready to go. I use one and carry a spare. I did bend one on a huge rock in Moab a couple of months ago but let us just say I had P.M.S.

Again this is in the GHETTO . You will get a lot farther if you speak Spanish. I don't think they will ship. They want you to show up and they will take the measurements. They share a shop with a CV Joint guy and have a lot of bars on the windows and cages inside. I go at 8:00 in the morning and they usually have them done by noon.

B&H Drive Shaft
Martin Bernardo
828 E. Compton Blvd.,
Compton, CA 90221
310-603-1355

Go there at your own risk :laugh3:

lol

they are still there.

Martin does not show until about 9:30 these days.

Prices have gone up.....about $170 for a CV shaft.

Adjacent CV shop is gone now.

I've been going to see these guys for a long time now....they know me well.:wave:

Hey I got shafted in Compton, and the guy did a really good job and a very reasonable price.

Driveshafted for all of you who would warp a sentence!!

I'm running one of their Driveshafts as well. Stood up to every Trail i took my jeep on. Except that one time i decided to jump it, that was mostly my fault. :p

Back