• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter fundage

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
OK I am a little disappointed here. So this may be long winded. I know times are rough, money is a little short. But.......

We as a chapter CAN NOT grow with out your help. You want the chapter to be able to do things together, well that cost money. And we have almost none. Yes we made some at ROM that everyone was so excited about but then no one but a few showed up for. I am not starting a "OH ITS TO FAR AWAY" thread here either ALL of those posts will and shall be deleted and or edited.

Ok then to business. The past RRC event swag sale thread http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1061803 has been up for a while and has had about 200 looks. NO ONE has bought anything. Why is that? I am just curious here I am not trying to chastise any one here. You go out and buy a shirt at say Wal-Mart for 20.00 and not think a darn thing about it. Are shirts are less then that even with the shipping. I just marked them down again to by the way. Stickers are now at 1.50 shipped also. Even if you didn'y make it to ROM 2010 or 2011 feel free to buy some stuff we are not going to say anything about showing off the shirts and stickers if you couldn't make it. The money only helps support us, the RRC, which includes you.

What do we need to do to get YOU to participate and help to keep this chapter financially stable. ANY money we use does NOT come from nationals, did you know that. We have not even enough money to open an NFP(not for profit) bank account that doesn't charge us any fees. Do you know that that ONLY requires a maintained 250.00 balance. Guess what we do not even have that right know.

Yes we are one, if not the biggest geographical chapter. Can that be an issue? YES and I understand that. That does not stop us from getting together with the members (paying or not) in our areas. We have some areas around the larger cities that have an abundance of members and we have areas in which there are few members. We have areas with more younger members and areas with older members. And I understand that sometimes our ways of thinking do not coincide to each others thought processes. But all in all we have a large group of diverse individuals that can and are able to come together when the need arises. As large as we are and as many members, again paying or not, I feel that we really shouldn't have this monetary issues.

Do you realize that EVERY bit of money that was used to get ROM going this year was outta pocket of our President.(political comments will be deleted from here as is not the place) I have all the recipts for that and at the end of ROM we as a chapter had to pay him back, which I made sure we did. He then gave some of it back too the chapter as a donation to help it out.

Do you realize that if everyone in the chapter donated as little as even $2.00 that we would have over 200.00 just from that. You can probably fine 2.00 in your seat cushions of your favorite chair or sofa or in your Jeeps center console or ash tray. Our paypal addy is [email protected] just in case you are wondering. We as a chapter do not ask for any member dues. The dues that you pay each year if a paying member goes to nationals. We as a chapter never see that money, did you know that? So we as a chapter rely on you, the members, for support. Through attendance at the events, buying raffle tickets, event swag, etc, is where we get our money from.

SO...my question to ALL of YOU is...................

What can we do to help you become more active?

Do you have any ideas that may help our situation?

Money raising events(keep in mind here that atleast 1 of the BoD has to be in attendance for it to be an actual "sponsored" event)

What are your ideas to help us grow as a group and a chapter?

How can we better promote ourselves in a non intrusive way. (not sure about y'all but I hate putting flyers on vehicles as some people can get down right aggressive seeing you touch there vehicles)

Please feel free to give me YOUR thoughts on the matter. I am not looking for the soapbox answered here either. I want truthful thoughts here but please try to be civil in your answers and suggestions. We are not trying to upset anyone here. And no suggestion to me is dumb as long as you are trying to help.

Thank you for your time reading this
Jay Furness RRC Treasurer

P.S.--- sorry, told you at the start I might get a little long winded lol

Last edited:
money is a little short? LOL.

I know what you mean though. The fund raising is hard with the geographic seperation. The clusters of people that are close together could get together and do events (Car washes?) Raffles, 50/50s, and such. It's hard to do it for individuals who aren't near anybody else. Fund raisers are really dependent on people getting together. We could also do up a new chapter sticker. That could generate some more funds. Even though we've been here since 2007, we haven't really built a chapter identity. So things are going to take a while. Some more meets and exchanges between chapter members and we'll tighten up.

Well I would be more inclined to support the chapter if anybody ever showed for the many wheeling trips I posted up. Do you have any idea how many XJ's there are that get wheeled around the Houston area? So lots of ya'll don't like wheeling in the mud, so what. If ya wanna grow your chapter send just 1 naxja guy out to help convince folks to support ya'll.

RRC prostitution ring? LOL

I am being serious here Swamprat......The chapter needs help and this isn't helping

Well I would be more inclined to support the chapter if anybody ever showed for the many wheeling trips I posted up. Do you have any idea how many XJ's there are that get wheeled around the Houston area? So lots of ya'll don't like wheeling in the mud, so what. If ya wanna grow your chapter send just 1 naxja guy out to help convince folks to support ya'll.

why don't you support naxja? arent you a member? you can be that local guy, cause were so struck out amongst our chapter.

bigjim350-I have discussed this in a few of your threads and will not discuss it here again in detail. And yes I know exactly how many XJ's there are in Houston. I was one of them and had alot of them come to me at O'Rielly's on 1960 when I worked over there to get advice and parts. Please you really have to get over the "no one shows up for my posted rides" mentality. If they show they show its not your responsibility to make sure that they do its theirs. It happens to all of us whether it be rides or get togethers to wrench-a-thons. End of discussion on this in this thread. PM me if you would like to continue this descusion on that matter.

Swamprat is right..:shocked: lol Jim weather you know it or not when you go to any of your rides that you post you are a NAXJA representative.

Hey yall. If we really care about this chapter, we should all be able to contribute something. If you gift money to someone on paypal there is no fee. Just what you feel comfortable with donating. We all use this site to different extremes for different things so lets show some support for our BOD however we can. Right now, its mostly a monetary form of support that would be best. But in any way we can support this group, we need to. We are not simply customers of NAXJA and the Red River Chapter, WE ARE them. If you dont want to have a group of similarly minded people to turn to for help and guidance(and sometimes a bit of rib jabbing) then dont contribute. But if you want a place to continue to go to for most anything XJ related then we all need to step up and do something. I dont own an XJ anymore. I will again next year. But until then I will still continue to show my support the best I can. Weather it be with a few dollars here or a service provided there. All because I know it is up to me as a member of this group to do what I can to keep it going.

Come on yall. Step up and do something for the club/chapter that has given back to so many without any requirements from you.

/rant

is there a way to donate aside from paypal?
I have got paypal jacked 2 times in the last year so i avoid it.
I kinda feel like a D*** cause i been on here so long and have got so much help but im still not red.

don't feel too bad. You've only been here two years and only posted 183 times. Unless you've gone by other names of course. I've seen many more that are worse than you.

You can always fix your situation. better late than never!

is there a way to donate aside from paypal?
I have got paypal jacked 2 times in the last year so i avoid it.
I kinda feel like a D*** cause i been on here so long and have got so much help but im still not red.

Cobra--paypal is the easiest way. I can assure you that the email address for the RRC is secure through paypal. Many have used it as that is how most of us pay for our event fees. I have used it many many times be it for the event fees, event swag, raffle tickets. If you would like to donate that way I can even send you a "bill" through paypal. That way I can put anything on there in the comment section of your choosing to verify that it is in fact me(RRC treasurer). Just have to PM me your email address and how much you want to donate.

Do not feel that way. Red, Black, Green, and what ever other color we use doesn't matter to me. It is how you act with in the group that matters to me. If you even help just one person you are helping. As long as you are able to hold onto the knowledge that you gain here and be able to pass it along to any in need of it you are doing great.

Sorry if I offended anybody with my original response. It was just an idea I had. To my knowledge yall could collect between $100-$150 in support at every one of these local trips. You know by selling "swag" As well as recruite new members. Oh and no I am not a naxja member, I am a 'lonely little forum user" :D I really do hope to see your chapter grow and get more involved with wheeling, and no I dont mean every weekend, or in mud. Really just letting by gones be by gones

I'm back guys. Don't have an XJ or a WJ anymore but I still love all of yous. I'll send a handful of rolls of quarters your way champ.

Hey guys, I haven't been on Naxja in several months, since I no longer own an XJ, and I have been super busy with all of the other stuff we have had going on (the new kiddo and such). I decided to take a look at the forum today, and it all came back to me. I don't have an XJ anymore (at least not currently, have been contemplating possibly buying another one though. LOL). I would be willing to help out again with a "Giveaway" (some folks get their panties in a bunch when you talk about a raffle). Also if you guys need help planning a ROM for next year, I may be interested in helping do the planning for that event as well. Jay has my number (I think he still does), and several others here do as well. Just shoot me a PM, or give me a call, and let me know what I can do to help.

i have an in with the local sign guy i sometimes work for. i will get some spotted cards made up and some new jeep/XJ decals made up. with most profits going to RRC.

sound good?

i have an in with the local sign guy i sometimes work for. i will get some spotted cards made up and some new jeep/XJ decals made up. with most profits going to RRC.

sound good?

Thanks but no....we have stickers and shirts...and can order as many as we want..without event info on them,just :NAXJA:RRC...no one is buying...we appriciate the suggestions but pm them instead of puting them out there...that is what your BOD if for....lol...:cheers:...spotter cards are ok but some people get upset when u touch there jeep...:gonnablow

Back