• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Change Intake/Exhaust Gasket?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Normally these get changed every time the components come apart. Is it really necessary? My gasket looks pretty "grotty" but maybe I'm just being anal?

Anything better than OEM for this?

Intake leaks will cause all kinds of driveability issues, I prefir Victor Reinz.

I have seen valve cover gaskets (rubber, not paper) with low mileage on them get re-used but any paper gasket should be replaced any time you can see it.

Victor Reinz makes a good gasket. Banks Power actually makes their own 4.0 manifold gasket that is even better - I'm not sure if they will sell it separate of their header or not though.

The header didn't come with a gasket although I should check the box again... a bunch of crap migrated in there while I was cleaning up a few weeks ago.

What about manifold bolts? Wanted to replace but can't seem to find a source locally. Looked on teamcherokee.com but the bolts dont appear right, don't come with washers. The washers are conical, flex style?

So the gasket was in the box sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. Wasn't expecting it to be packaged that way I guess.

Back