• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cha-Ching!....Score!

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
We all run across items from time to time that we pick up for a song. We drag them home exited and when we try to share our excitement the person(s) we try to share it with just looks at us with a blank glazed over stare. We with our long lists of obsessions have a psychological predisposition to appreciate such wonderful finds. This is a place to share (brag) these treasures.

I'll go first. My new leaf springs got here last Friday; today I picked these up at the pawn shop. They are a perfect fir for my axle set-up. $10 new and unused! The plates are 3/8"
20151208_111539.jpg

Having out grown my camera bag I stumbled across this at a different pawn shop for $5; and it had the correct combination for the lock. It's the best I can remember scoring on in a long while.
2014.05.07_ZERO-106C%20Camera%20Case_001.jpg

2014.05.07_ZERO-106C%20Camera%20Case_005.jpg

It came without the foam but I found the correct foam kit on eBay for not much.
2014.05.07_ZERO-106C%20Camera%20Case_014.jpg

Sooooo...whatdyafind? Might as well tell people that understand.
:wow:

"Not logged in" can't view page.
Mm...sorry about that. Didn't realize it required logging in. :(

In a nutshell... I was an avid dumpster diver while stationed in Germany. Twice a week I would head to the recycling center and find all manner of goodies. From pelican cases and brand new 5 gallon water/fuel cans to a brandnew hydro boost unit, portable mig welder with spool gun, and I can't even remember what all. Probably the most useful score has been the large collection of pounds of nuts/bolts/fastners. Mostly grade 8 stuff, various sizes, and generally brand new. I swear id have become a hoarder had I stayed there much longer. :rolleyes:
60d05fe7caca0a814243031521e6e43e.jpg

7b78ea8936b5a8f7c8a8da5491af02bb.jpg

c03d7adf89b7f3ff7e51e0bcb7f071a7.jpg

Last edited:
It seems I'm on a "thing" for storage stuff lately. Been building a drawer system for the back of my xj. Last month I scored a pair of brand new wheelwell Toolboxes off craigslist for 30 bucks! Today I found a matching full size (6'x4'x14") comercial drawer system.
178e67fe53feedef79a6eaa3068c463f.jpg
7dd69bd60fd702985ff80969ecba4ebc.jpg

Yard sales are the best!

$25 bucks.
You can NEVER have too many clamps!

20161216_091431_resized.jpg

I'm betting the guy that owned those was 80+ years old. No one paint identifies their tools like that except 80 year olds and me. Oh wait....

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

The green is mine, I'm assuming the red was his but only the two were sprayed. (Note to self: get the green rattle can out.) The old guy may have picked them up from another old guy.

I engrave all my tools but also paint those that I would use in an environment where others are also working and we may use one another's tools; shop or on site. It just makes life easier. With two grown sons it helps too.

Last edited:
OK, so, no one paint identifies their tools except 80 years old, Bent and Me. Oh, wait still.....

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

U(very)OB I guess.

Some quick questions from the f.n.g. just paid my membership for naxja after a month of hiding in the shadows and my name is still black. Email said paypal went through and just wanted to know how the heck do i get it red?!?! Lol also buildin a d30 and came across some g2 ball bearings 2 sets (one for each side) unonopened in box for 80 that i picked up. Good deal? They any good?

Not sure about the bearings. I will say thanks for joining up, going red and helping support the club.

As for why you're nose showing as having joined yet I'm more clueless than I am about the deal you got on your bearings. Follow this link and send them a message:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=29570

Or send a private message addressed to: "MEMBERSHIP" without the quotation marks.

Some quick questions from the f.n.g. just paid my membership for naxja after a month of hiding in the shadows and my name is still black. Email said paypal went through and just wanted to know how the heck do i get it red?!?! Lol also buildin a d30 and came across some g2 ball bearings 2 sets (one for each side) unonopened in box for 80 that i picked up. Good deal? They any good?

I was following your posts as 93bluebeast (which happens to be a paid membership). Then, 93bluebeast and BlueHeap popped up in the AE filter. So, yeah, you will have to get that sorted out, and decide which screen name to use.

Back