• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Central locking problem

alex673

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys.
A while back, my immobilizer (security system) died, and I couldn't start my xj. I ended up having to remove it, and now I can't get the central locking to work with the key fob.
I've changed the battery, and re-programmed it to make sure it works, but it still won't lock or unlock the doors.
Any idea how to fix this???

My XJ is:
1995 Limited
4.0 HO
AW4
NP242
Dana 30 Front
Dana 30 Rear
Full electrics

Thanks in advance.

You probably have either an 8.25 or a 35 rear - no such thing as a 30 rear in the XJ :thumbup: Thanks for giving full specs, many forget to when asking questions.

Is it a factory unit? I don't think I've ever seen a factory immobilizer in a 96/earlier XJ, only 97/later. The ones using the IR system and the small black hemispherical dome on the ceiling are factory, RF ones usually aren't.

Hi Kastein, thanks for your reply.
You are correct, it is a 35 diff...
Anyway, I Do have the black dome on the ceiling console, so I'm assuming it IS factory. I did buy the XJ used, so I'm not 100% sure of it's history, but the vin says it's a 95...

Hi Kastein, thanks for your reply.
You are correct, it is a 35 diff...
Anyway, I Do have the black dome on the ceiling console, so I'm assuming it IS factory. I did buy the XJ used, so I'm not 100% sure of it's history, but the vin says it's a 95...

Back