• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carol.92124 for Treasurer =)

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Many of you know me, many also know of me. It's kind of easy to be noticed when you're a smart a$$ dirty-minded clean-living beer-drinking woman who loves to wheel & camp! I've been a member of NAXJA for 5 years now, and still love it!

I am currently the Treasurer for the SoCal Chapter, and was nominated to run again. Looking at the boxes of SoCal Chapter clothing that reside in my bedroom, I am doubting my sanity in accepting the re-nomination :laugh3:. But I did, happily, and would be proud to serve another term.

1. Why do you feel you are qualified for the Chapter BOD position?
I'm surprisingly smart for having grown up blonde & female, and am comfortable with the various requirements of being Treasurer. I seem to handle the craziness of "cashiering" at various events, whether it be sales of food, clothing, or raffle tickets. I've done the books for a small business since 1986, and came through an IRS audit of the company unscathed. Not bad, considering the biz belongs to my now ex-husband, we split up just before the audit, and I still do his bookkeeping.

Also, though it's not terribly related to the Treasurer position, I seem to know and interact well with a wide range of folks within the Chapter, including some of the factions that don't get along with each other. I'm as likely to hang out with newer members and "young folks" as I am to hang out with folks whose NAXJA Member # is only two digits long (no jokes about Members & digits right now, folks...) .

2. What changes would you commit to and deliver on to improve the chapter?

Good question. I like that our Chapter is a strong supporter of the Adopt-A-Trail program, and I use my discounts at work to get some trail maintenance gear cheap. I'd like the AAT work to continue & expand.

I would also like to see another semi-official event happen, maybe down my way. It seems like a lot of SoCal NAXJAns are in the Greater LA area & surrounds, but there are folks south and east of that who may not be making it to events because they're both NE of LA. Maybe somewhere like the Superstition area just west of El Centro. Flat desert to camp in, some mud hills, a monstrous sand hill, and some very challenging canyons. But to do that, I'd need folks that were familiar with the area; I've been out there a number of times, but am always following folks around like a happy puppy.

It'd also be cool to offer something (not necessarily annual, but something) out towards Nevada, which is our bastard stepchild but has at least a few members, some of whom trek in for SoCal Fest & GoatFest. I'm sure some folks would like a chance to do some exploring along the CA/NV border, or into Nevada a bit.

3. What do you like/dislike about the chapter?

I love the SoCal Chapter--we rock! There are occasional dramatic episodes, but we've got this huge diverse membership that just makes it amazing!

4. What do you feel are the biggest issues with the chapter and what plan do you have to address them?

Right now it's been fairly calm, and the occasional douchiness has been being addressed well. I would like to see a continued push to keep Chapter and NAXJA schwag available (and coincidentally get rid of some of this stuff in my room), as it not only lets us look quite stylish, but also helps promote our group! One of our SoCal Hoodies went to a member of a far away NAXJA chapter, who plans to wear it to gatherings out there, including those of another club he's in. He says it will drive them all nuts =).

5. Do you have time to commit to the position?

I have time to commit; my kids are all grown up, I'm down to one of 3 still living with me, and she's a HS senior. I have an active & amusing social life that isn't always about Jeeps. But I have no other serious time commitments beyond my full time job, which I'm fortunate to have, and to have been there long enough to get paid time off to go wheel, play, camp, and explore.

Okay, okay, I'll stop for now!! Can you tell that my mom & her mom were both into writing? Sheesh. :conceited

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

Carol "Carolton" Horsley, aka Carol.92124

A Great choice for the good of the club. :angel:
But I heard You only have one left at home cause You Ate the other two.:eyes:

I already voted for you.:)
It is always right to keep a good thing going.

So what can you do to get more of the naxja money spent on my jeep?
John, I can't even get NAXJA money spent on my Jeep... and I showed up at Goatfest in it!

To late carol.I voted for you a few days ago.:)
Geez, Scott, you waited that long? Didn't I bribe you a couple weeks ago?

A Great choice for the good of the club. :angel:
But I heard You only have one left at home cause You Ate the other two.:eyes:
True dat... And they were deeeelicious!! I have always been proud of my kids' great taste =).

if i could vote it would be for you!!!!!!!
Awwww... And so, for your lack of $35, I don't get a vote...? Fine, make it up to me in beer =).

I already voted for you.:)
It is always right to keep a good thing going.
Why thank you!

Heh, based on the polls, I'd say you have it in the bag, Carol!

So, Game.
Derek, I hate you... just a little, because you're so GAMEy... So show up at the Chapter Party at JohnX's on the 10th, and you can call GAME in person! Missed you at GF...

Carol, don't forget your many miles logged as the official SoCal chapter parts train conductor.... you could probably win on the parts you have gotten to people alone...

Whooo whooo!!!

Back