• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find rear interior panel...anywhere

jephs422

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched ebay and the entire www to the best of my abilities.

Anyone know of a source for the rear trim, top and bottom, interior at the rear hatch? 2000xj. Mine are cracked and we'll, I don't wanna try to repair.

www.car-part.com, 1997-2001 fits.

Are those huge Inland Empire junkyards still out there in the weeds and dirt ?

Yeah, I haven't checked any local yards. I'm originally from 3 hour north so I don't know where any good ones are down here. I'll check the link and start calling junkyards if I can't find anything online.

It's weird, ebay has evey panel in the world except those 2 lol.

The top sill plate should not be to hard to find in good usable shape.
But that lower sill plate takes a beating so that one is a little more difficult.
What color?
Technically '97 to '01 would work.
But for the color to match you will want them from a '99 to '01.

The top sill plate should not be to hard to find in good usable shape.
But that lower sill plate takes a beating so that one is a little more difficult.
What color?
Technically '97 to '01 would work.
But for the color to match you will want them from a '99 to '01.

Yeah it's weird, just couldn't find one on ebay. Mines gray, and I need both top and bottom, but bottom more.

Yeah it's weird, just couldn't find one on ebay. Mines gray, and I need both top and bottom, but bottom more.

Sad thing is about the bottom is that if you do find a decent one on Ebay it will cost about as much as it would new. If you could still get them that is.
Be diligent. One will pop up sooner or later on Ebay.
Just whether you will be willing to pay the asking price.
Betting about $80 for one.
Boneyard would be cheaper IMO.
But you would have to look at a few to find a decent one I bet.

Have you searched by the part # to see if anybody has NOS!

Have you searched by the part # to see if anybody has NOS!

^This.

Even if you don't find a NOS one that way, googling the part number has always given me a really good starting point when hunting for parts.

I believe these to be the part numbers.
Upper
5ER43LAZAD
Lower
5EG09LAZ

Looks like the upper might still be available. Google search shows it in stock at a few places.
Unless some NOS pops up like RCP Phx said the lower looks like it is not.

Back