• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find body shop to give an estimate on an XJ

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
My 1985 XJ was rear ended. It is a nice rust free vehicle with a new paint job. No shop in Loveland will even write an estimate for replacing/painting the hatch and replacing a couple of tail lights. They simply say they do not work on vehicles that old.

Has anybody run into this problem?

It's all because the insurance jobs are the money makers and the 85 XJ won't net them much money . There should be some shop around there that would do it , but I'm not from your area ....

If it was a new JK the body shops would be fighting for the job ...

I actually will probably end up doing the work myself. I just need an estimate.

I am waiting for the insurance company to send out an adjuster but we had a HUGE hail event and you can't even fine a rental car within 75 miles.

Adjuster quoted $2545. I bought a used hatch in good shape for $140 plus two new taillights shipped for $52. I still have the paint and supplies. All I need to do is prep and paint the hatch, then mount it. I need to tweak the bumper back into place. With the tools I have, that should take less than an hour and it will be as good as new.

Back