• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calender of Events?

Which M&G would you like?

• Total voters

Mr.Shrek

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking over the calendar and had a few ideas as well as a couple of questions.

For the Fall Flog do we know where it is going to be as well as the other info ($)?

April was our last Meet and Greet and I had been planning on organizing one every 6 months. The Spring M&G seemed to go well as it was a chance for us to bring the family and kids out for a group event where it was more social and jeep. I know Fiona enjoyed meeting some of the fellow Jeep Widows as she calls it and the boys had a blast playing with the other kids. Due to the tornados that did some major damage to the area the members who could all pitched in to help out a few families that had been hit. Disaster relief photos

So with the time rolling around to start planning the next M&G I wanted to get some input from y'all as to when and what we do for the next one.
If we went on the every 6 month route it would put is in line for a Halloween M&G. Ideas for that were to have everyone out to our place for our annual Halloween party and we could throw some hay bails on a trailer to take the kids around Trick or Treating. Being that we are a community minded group I would like for us to come up with some kind of service project, donation, or something else to coincide with this event. The one downside I was seeing to this event would be the timing. With it being in the evening-night our members who made the trek last time might not be as willing due to the late driving. Since Halloween is on a Saturday that might not be a problem. So for our friend Clarksville folk and Long Haulers please speak up on this one if the evening hours would be a problem.

The other idea was to push it back a couple of months for a Christmas M&G. I do have access to a large enough facility that we can use that has plenty of parking out side, a kitchen, restrooms and of course heat. It would pretty much follow the lines of the Spring M&G: games/activates for the kids, food, awards, maybe some games for the adults, and perhaps we could talk our pres into throwing the big red suit on..... Our service project could be a toy drive for an organization like Toys for Tots or the like. This event we could have a bit more freedom on the date and time.

So here is where I'd like for y'all to chime in. Please give your thoughts and opinions. I know both of these months are bookend on the flog so please take that into account on you ability to make it before or after the flog. Thanks and I'm looking forward to us all getting together again.

Your Resident Ogre,
Mr.Shrek

P.S. I even threw in a poll just for you bigalpha.

Halloween could be cool. I've been known to dress up in costume at work.

Alpha, are you saying I'm fat? Do I look like a jolly, old elf?

Halloween could be cool. I've been known to dress up in costume at work.

Alpha, are you saying I'm fat? Do I look like a jolly, old elf?

Sweet, I make a crack at our Pres dressing up as Santa and Alpha gets the blame!

Sorry Ed, but unlike your work there won't be a brass poll at Halloween. Well unless Eric dresses up as one.

I musta missed the initial crack on Ed. :dunno:

Ooops, I meant Mr. Shrek. Sorry Alpha. Will you forgive me if I promise to leave you along and blast on Shrek?

Back