• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cabin and sleeping info for Mike's party

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I have more info on the cabin.

It is AWESOME! http://www.bigbear1.com/units/0619.html

It is located in Big Bear Lake, near Moonridge Road. 258 Oriole Road, Big Bear Lake:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...6,-116.898823&spn=0.024194,0.039911&z=15&om=1

There is plenty of room for parking as well as a dirt lot right beside it for those needing/wanting to tow their rig (trailer parking, no camping)

The cabin will comfortably sleep 14 people. We have a few folks confirmed. There are only 2 private bedrooms, and they have tentatively been spoken for. There are 2 sofa beds - one in the den, one in the living area. There is another room with a bunkbed, a twiin bed, and a trendle bed.

The price will ultimately depend on the number of folks staying in the cabin. We have the cabin for both Friday AND Saturday night.

The folks in the private room will be paying a little bit more than those sleeping on the smaller beds.

If folks want to sleep on the floor, that's fine, but you will need to help pay for the cabin.

If you plan on staying in this cabin either/both nights, please post in this thread - which night, how many people.

Towels and linens are provided.

We need to supply food and beverages.

ALL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN CASH, TO ME UPON ARRIVAL.

We are getting a hell of a deal on this huge home.

If you do not want to stay in this and need accomodations, you can call the lady listed below. She can hook you with a great deal on our own cabin or a nice hotel. There is a hotel very close to the party cabin.

Contact J.J. McClelland @ 800 966-9971 or e-mail [email protected]

www.bigbear1.com

Just tell her with the Jeep club and Mike's party! She can also hook you up whenever you want to go to Big Bear.

Did I mention there is a SPA and a wet-bar.....

:party:

well we'd really really like to stay at the cabin but if the private rooms are taken, then we have to go somewhere else since Nicole has issues sleeping and would be really hard to sleep in a room with quite a few ppl

djblade311 said:
well we'd really really like to stay at the cabin but if the private rooms are taken, then we have to go somewhere else since Nicole has issues sleeping and would be really hard to sleep in a room with quite a few ppl

Sorry dude. There is a sofa bed in the den and the doors can close to separate it.

But if not, then contact J.J. McClelland @ 800 966-9971 or e-mail [email protected]

Odette & I will be staying at a hotel very close to the cabin. JJ hooked us up. We have a similar situation with Odette sleeping problem.

well if the Den can be separated, thats cool. We're in.

Volusiaguy said:
Mike....if Cj and I came up, what's the room situation and cost at this point? We'll sleep anywhere.

Dave

Hey Dave,

There will be room for you guys. Would you come up on Friday evening or Sat AM?

Cost is still not finalized, but it is extremely affordable. I will PM you some more details

Volusiaguy said:
Thanks for the info...I'll talk to CJ and figure out if we're going to do an overnight, a day trip, or have to pass...I'll let you know.

Dave

Maybe you can atleast make it a day run. There are several folks coming up for the day and heading back that evening/night.

If you are coming up just for the day run, meet at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 8:30 Sat. morning. When I do a day run, I try to leave around 6:00 AM to get up there in plenty of time. This allows time for bathroom break and drive thru breakfast... and top off of fuel!

CharlesS said:
Robert,

Should be arriving Friday evening; probably about 930.
Please reserve a sofa sleeper Friday and Saturday night for me...

Charles S.

Done...

OK, sleeping arrangemetns are almost final.

I will PM the folks with the costs by Thurs morning.

If folks pass out on the floor, we will take the money from thier wallet...LOL Just kidding...

The place is awesome!

Please rememeber to bring your own food, except for the BBQ.

rpraterxj said:
OK, sleeping arrangemetns are almost final.

The place is awesome!

I just checked out the link to the cabin, damn, a 51" HDTV? Screw wheeling, I'm staying at the cabin and watching TV. I only have a 36" standard def at home. :D

I see it has internet too, might bring the laptop.

KRAKER said:
I picked a hotel room a 1/4 mile away. 2 bills for the weekend. Not bad

Dude, if you can cancel, do it and call JJ. She can get you a room for about $50 less!! Somewhere around $70 per night!

Plus, she hooked us up BIG TIME for the cabin... She is good friend of Mike's and she and her husband are great people.

rpraterxj said:
Dude, if you can cancel, do it and call JJ. She can get you a room for about $50 less!! Somewhere around $70 per night!

Plus, she hooked us up BIG TIME for the cabin... She is good friend of Mike's and she and her husband are great people.

I did. I was just rounding up. Thanks! She did hook it up. It actually ended up being 69 buck a night.

Last edited:
Back