• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake bleeding

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
So while I'm working on the lift for my 98 XJ. I will need some daily transportation. This leaves my 99 XJ which recently had the brake line leading to the rear axle blow out. I need 2 things.

What the size bolt and thread goes into the master cylinder in case I decide to just plug the port for the rear brake like.

Also what size rubber hose fits over the bleeder valves on the brake calipers and drums so I can make my own bleeder kit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

come on. Replace the brake hose and fix it right.
It's my resto project. Wasnt planning on driving it again until a complete rebuild after I graduate college. I grew up in it and put 300k on it after I got my license in high school. I just dont want to do all this now so I can throw it all out and do it again with expensive stainless lines leading to all wheel disk brakes again later. I'm only driving it now while my 98 is apart for the lift install

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A bolt in the master probably won’t seal — it needs to be tapered like a brake line — installing just a bolt might actually do damage to the sealing surface in the master

I’ve made plugs before, use the existing bad nut on the current bad brake line — cut the brake line flush with the nut, keeping the flared end of the brake line installed in the nut— weld over the end of the nut and flush cut brake line sealing it up

Back