• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boston Marathon bombing.

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
I've noticed two things that I think are radically new or changed with this bombing.

First, there were NO claims worldwide of responsibility with this one. With both of the WTC attacks (first the truck bombs then the airliners) there were dozens of claims from groups large and small throughout the world saying they were responsible. Same thing with the Olympic crowd bombing in Atlanta. After Boston, the only thing said on the national stage was Pakistan Al-queda piping up to reassure the world they were NOT responsible. Big change there. something the media pundits haven't picked up on, or don't want to comment on. I wonder if it has something to do with hellfire missiles on UAVs all over the middle east causing this sea-change in behavior among terrorist orgs.

Second, apprehension was FAST. A huge change over the last half decade is the proliferation of cameras on everything. It took less then a day for law enforcement to have clear pictures of the suspects. I wonder how much shorter the investigation of the TWA bombing over Ireland, or the Atlanta bombing, would be if the same incident happened today. Privacy advocates decry the loss of any "private space" in public, and this incident goes to show how likely any activity in a fairly populated area is likely to be photographed. Good for law enforcement,.. and the rest of us in that there was little/no time wasted on wrong accusations. Richard Jewel would probably appreciate this style investigation.

While the things I noticed aren't overly "political", I'm going to go ahead and start this thread in the PDZ because of where I can see this thread going.

Well, just maybe no terrorist organization had anything to do with these event :duno:

The perps set up their devices at the finish line of one of the most popular and photographed event in the western hemisphere . Perhaps that's why they ended up on camera?

Don't knock the folks interested in their right to privacy. They strike balance against the folks who would RFI tag all citizens at birth. In all things: balance.

What I have noticed that has not changed is the talking heads in the news media making a circus out of somone else's misfortune and speculative discussions as to who the perps were and what their motives might be.

One of the events I compared Boston to was the Atlanta Olympic Park bombing. Like the Boston Marathon, The Olympics are widely photographed, and as it turns out, international terrorist organizations had nothing to do with it. This didn't stop dozens of them from from claiming responsibility for the act.

I'm not knocking privacy advocates. I'm one of them. I was just noting the difference compared to past events.

And yes, I have to agree,.. Press coverage has been uniformly terrible.

Why is the US government covering up the connection that the detained Saudi student had with the two bombers, as well as why he was not detained as a suspect?

Details:

•A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities” after the bombing

•As the story gained traction, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national, originally identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi

•Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.

•An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but is “in no way” connected to the bombings.

•A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (though it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.

•Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano

•Fox News’ Todd Starnes reports that Alharbi was allegedly flagged on a terrorist watch list and granted a student visa without being properly vetted. Sources close to the investigation also told him the Saudi is still set for deportation.

•New information provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges

•Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts

•Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.

The Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findley, Ohio. He has been in this country six months. He has an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts.

If this is a case of mistaken identity, then who is the person named in the file, with the same name, with the 3B charge? And If DHS was working with the person as a source to out the bombers, then why was there a 3B Charge?

Exclusive: Why wasn’t the Congressional Committee on Homeland Security notified? Why are they being cut out of all information? This is protocol.

We are working on the family connections, and there is more to come.

Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed. This will be the reason Napalitano won’t answer the Homeland Security Committee’s request for a briefing. Like Benghazi they have heavy into a disinformation campaign floating a variety of scenarios to confuse the media — but that apparently doesn’t take much — to prevent the story from being pursued… They are also working very hard to discredit those on the scent.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ston-bombings/

I know some of you will find this shocking, but Dzhokhar told investigators from his hospital bed that he and his brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev were driven by religious fervor and took their instructions to build and detonate bombs from al-Qaida's Inspire magazine.

His own uncle nailed it, without a bunch of political mumbo-jumbo.......As former Wall Street Journal reporter Asra Nomani writes in Tuesday's Washington Post, the Tsarnaevs' uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, offered an example for Muslims to follow. In an impromptu exchange with reporters outside his home, Tsarni expressed profound grief for the victims of the bombing, acknowledged "somebody radicalized" his nephews, and said they were "losers" who brought shame to the family."

This, Nomani writes, "accomplished something that 11 years of post-9/11 press releases, news conferences and soundbites by too many American Muslim leaders has failed to do on the issue of radicalization and terrorism: with raw, unfettered emotion, he owned up to the problem within."

Our own President is snuggled up to the Muslim Brotherhood, who promotes and funds terror world-wide, even appointing MB members to his cabinet.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/3777/a-red-carpet-for-radicals-at-the-white-house

We are constantly being bombarded by the PC crowd, lest we offend someone with the truth.......I'm just a simple farm boy. If it looks like bullcrap and smells like bullcrap......math even the scholarly can figure out.

Do I think all Muslims are terrorists? No way.

Do I think the tenants of their religion promote world domination? Absolutely.

Do I believe the Tsarnaev brothers acted alone and without outside influence or support? No

Do I believe that the US Government is scrubbing data, just like they did with Benghazi? Yes

Last edited:
Are you insane?

I mean, really?

So far I have seen NO ONE else saying that the Saudi (who was slandered/libeled by the New York Post in a bout of pure sloppy journalism) was in any way related to the two perps. No one at all. You are the very first person I've seen even imply it.

In fact you are making absolutely no sense and connecting dots that aren't in any way related.

tbburg - yeah, coverage has been pretty horrible, with everyone making sloppy leaps of logic while trying to scoop everyone else on the big story. I wouldn't be surprised if they did act alone, no terrorist groups claimed responsibility like you said, I'd expect at least one or two to do so at least...

You need to expand your sources then.......the MSM is complicit and will only report what they are told to by the sitting POTUS.

I'm not expecting you to believe me, ask your own questions and PLEASE do your own research.

fwiw, I don't read the NY Post.

"According to former AG Mukasey, the elder Tsarneav brother--now deceased--"is the fifth person since 9/11 who has participated in terror attacks after questioning by the FBI."

Awesome. Obama's own policy at work.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/23/Muskasey-It-Was-Jihad

Last edited:
You guys realize 99% of that is stuff off 4chan, known for producing stuff like that to troll rightwing/libertarian types and free thinkers, right? Most of that was being posted before the suspects had even been caught.

You are being made laughingstock by a bunch of internet trolls.

I posted this on the local 4x forum 2 weeks ago, in response to this post:

http://buelahman.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/are-you-just-a-believer-or-do-you-think/

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt........as in "Spreading FUD to discredit the truth".

BMan lines out the images that were captured shortly after the bomb detonated, with the first being Frame 6 and the last being Frame 20.

Assuming the digital video camera was using the standard NTSC format of 29.97 Frames per Second (30 fps) the images provided as still frames 6 thru 20 were all captured in less than 1 second.

If the images were captured with a modern DSLR, which typically shoots 3-5 fps, then the images were captured in no more than 10 seconds.

Everyone in these photos are in shock from the blast, temporarily deaf, disoriented and struggling for breath from the shock wave, many with internal injuries. His claims that this was staged and the folks in the images are actors is laughable.

You guys realize 99% of that is stuff off 4chan, known for producing stuff like that to troll rightwing/libertarian types and free thinkers, right? Most of that was being posted before the suspects had even been caught.

You are being made laughingstock by a bunch of internet trolls.

Ken, just so I'm not taken in the wrong light so to speak... I am in no way saying I agree with ANY of these insane conclusions. However, there are some things that stand out that I think are worth investigating. For all I know, I simply don't have all the facts, so take what I've mentioned for a grain of salt so to speak. I'm simply trying to wrap my head around what actually happened.

My thoughts:

- First of all the claim that the bombing was a "hoax" and that the major injuries suffered by some we're setup, is simply insane. It does make a pretty good example of people trying to believe their own conspiracy theories however.

- The photos of the backpack after the explosion is less than conclusive. For one, I don't see any white markings on the pack? However it isn't exactly clear which location that pack was photographed. Are there better photos out there?

- I posted that link because a couple pictures stand out for me:
a. The photo of the older brother being taken into custody (fake?).
b. The coroner's photo of older brother's body.

According to the FBI complaint (Boaz Guttman):

A gun fight ensued between the car's occupants and law enforcement officers in which numerous shots were fired. One of the men was severely injured and remained at the scene; the other managed to escape in the car.​

I'm confused how the police appeared to have the brother in custody, but then somehow ended up with substantial wounds? The news reported the younger brother had driven over the older brother, but there is no indication of this in the FBI report? This makes me wonder if the photo of him being taken is possibly a fake?

The FBI reports are pretty vague IMO, but then again we're supposed to believe everything we're being told.

I heard that he got run over too, if I had to guess that's where his wounds came from. I haven't looked into it as much as I probably should have, it's just that I saw a lot of those photos circulating in much the same form within a day or two of the attacks.

The news certainly got an incredible number of things wrong during their mad dash to "scoop" every new development. I watched a lot of it and they were demonstrably wrong time and time again. So I'm really not sure who or what to believe, some of the stuff the authorities posted ended up either fueling rumors or being wrong or both, as well. Only time will tell which bits of info are right.

The photos of the backpack after the explosion are interesting. The white bits appear (to me) to be padding and material from inside the pack - I had a padded backpack strap tear on me years ago, and the padded strap material inside the outer cloth layers isn't always (probably never is, actually) the same color as the material on the outside, it's whatever they had on hand at the moment when they made that backpack. The white material appears to be made up of rather light fluffy layers, so there's a good chance it's something like the padding that goes inside the quilted layers of the backpack.

Another thing - the "how do windows explode outward due to a bomb" point. Those likely aren't the ground floor windows on the ground in that photo, windows shattered for several stories and with the blast being as obliquely aimed as it was on the second/third/fourth floors, it would simply break the glass out of the frame and leave it to fall whichever direction.

There is a good degree of other bullshit, like the whole sandy hook principal thing, in there too. That one appears to be either an accidental photo switching by the media when covering the story (people from Sandy Hook did run in the marathon to commemorate the event or something, and the new principal of the school is Donna Page, probably the one discussed when that screenshot was taken, and she looks absolutely nothing like the photo that purports to be her.) Most of it has been debunked by others already and I won't go further into it. http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/boston.asp#principal

A lot of this is also rumors and nonsense from a Reddit discussion that centered around trying to figure out who was the perpetrator. Basically the users ended up fingering hundreds of people from the pictures for various reasons, almost none of which were accurate predictions, and then claiming they beat the police on IDing the perps when they ended up being some of the ones they had suspected. An internet witch hunt, if you will.

Read whatever you want, and believe whatever you want, but please research it and make sure you're not making utter fools of yourselves by parroting troll info first. Boostwerks, this is not aimed at you...

I don't know why Occam's Razor is so difficult for people sometimes. Our government can't keep a blowjob secret, nevermind killing citizens in one of the most public, well photographed events every year in a major city.

Obama's administration is joined at the hip with the Muslim Brotherhood, appointing many MB members to his cabinet. And while he preached economic doom and gloom to the American people, billions of dollars in aid were approved to support the MB in Egypt and rebel forces in Syria.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/arnold-...m-brotherhood/

The MB influence in the US Government has neutered the FBI from performing their job, sanitizing the policies and procedures so as to not offend Muslims.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/robert-...me-for-boston/

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...-fbi.html#more

Back after 9/11, i heard a nypd cop surfed the rubble of the north tower as it collapsed...

The media says stupid shit, ESPECIALLY after something like this.Every network is in an absolute panic trying to be the first to break the story.

Its IMPOSSIBLE, for any us citizen in this day and age, to actually know anything for 100% sure, unless you were there, in a non-injured, not-shock induced state.

Arguing what happened is as futile as saying Han shot first.

Wait a minute!..

Han DID shoot first!

I had a sobering discussion today with my neighbor and friend, who had just finished the Boston Marathon and was less than half a block away when the bombs exploded. I've been anxious to get his first-hand account, but he's been out of town with work ever since.

The summary of his experience was that both he and his buddy observed a large, armed military presence in the pre-race staging area, at the starting line and all along the race route. He observed soldiers with rifles on rooftops and towers along the route, as well as canine patrols in full combat armor at various checkpoints.

His buddy who was running with him has run the Boston 7 times and never seen this kind of armed presence.

For those who still think it was a staged hoax, his friends wife and daughter were inside a shop grabbing a drink just short of the finish when the bombs detonated. When she peered outside, there were dismembered people scattered about, along with body parts. They had narrowly escaped being streetside when the blasts occurred.

The military knew there was a credible threat, but apparently didn't have enough evidence to justify cancelling the event. I wonder if the armed presence kept the bombers from placing the devices earlier and detonating them in the 3:30-4:00 range, when the bulk of the runners are finishing.

Back