• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blue Angels

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
They are in San Francisco and buzzing around right now. I have seen them plenty of times and am still awed by the sight of their close formations over the City skyline.

They take off and fly right by our window at work (I'm right by SFO). I don't even have to get up to see them. It is awesome!! They go by too fast to snap pictures but I try anyway.

They are by far the best armed forces demo there is, I am AD Air Force and the Thunderbirds don't hold a flame to them.

I've got a lot of respect for any pilot who, all in a day's work, gets thrown off their airport, goes & does their job, has to find the airport (it's left and is running away from them,) then goes into a controlled crash landing.

I saw them perform some 20 years ago. Awesome show, highly recommended.

I only get the national guard flying their whirlybirds down over the 110 freeway on occasion. My new space at least gives me a good view of them about on eye level (32nd floor, those boys fly low).

Maybe I can schedule an SF day when the Angels are playing.

'Haven't seen the 'Angels in a long time. Actually, I don't think I've seen them perform a routine with the F-18. I think I might be getting old,..

I missed them :( Coming over the GGB I heard the practice runs going on (hard to miss the sound of a F14 on afterburner as it shakes the Jeep). The Bay was chalk full of sailboats of all sizes. I heard Fleet Week is quite the ado. Unfortunately, I had wheeling on my mind, to the day of the airshow, I was way west of there.

-Ron

After the 5th morning in a row of them waking you up, you get a little tired. Plus, they have a nasty habit of locking down the airfield from their taxi call till the practice is completely over and they have walked back into the hanger. Really has a way of screwing up a target time.

They do look nice though. The strike eagle demo looks better though.

Being and Air Force brat we saw them wherever we could. I've seen them flying the F11F-1, A-4F and the F/A-18. I've seen the Thunderbirds fly in F-4's, T-38's and F-16's. I love air shows.

Back