• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blue 1989 Jeep Comanche 2wd 4.0l in MD

gradon

NAXJA Forum User
My brother is selling his blue 1989 Jeep Comanche 2wd short bed w/ the 4.0l 6-cylinder and ba10 5-speed manual from my 88 Eliminator. Mileage is 212K. Bench seat, no ac, no radio, no rear bumper, no carpet(can have the one from my 88 that has been sitting outside for a year. . .). It has dents, dings, scratches, cracked windshield, typical Jeep clearcoat failure, typical rear main leak, and minor floorpan rust, but none on the exterior. It starts, runs, drives, and brakes. $1000obo
DSC07595.jpg
DSC07596.jpg
DSC07597.jpg
DSC07600.jpg

This comanche is still available for $600. There is a title issue: My brother originally signed the title when he bought it 2 years ago, but never registered it. He white-out'd his name and a potential buyer signed over it, but was denied at the dmv. My brother scratched off the whiteout and tried getting it registered in his name so he could get a new title in his name, and the dmv denied him too saying it looked like a name was erased.:doh: The original owner no longer lives in Clarendon, so unable to get him to request a replacement title. The windshield is cracked and there is a small leak in the left rear tire, but you could drive this truck home 2-3 hours from here(Lanham, MD 20706).

Brother got a new title, so price is now $700. The alternator is not working since the swap out of the 88. I've verified voltage on the red(thick gauge), the yellow(thin), but not on the tan w/black(it didn't ohm out to ground either), so unsure if it's a circuit issue or if it just happened to stop working after the swap(I used the engine/tranny/cooling combo when it was in my 88).

Back