• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to buy used Dana 35

az89xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

In need of cost effective D35 for my daughters 89XJ.

Read all about 8.8 conversion, this is not in the books. Just need a functional rear end.

Thank you

It's still not worth it when you can get C8.25's all day long for cheap.

Whether or not it is worth it is very much dependent on the situation. By the time you add in the fabrication work, whatever it takes to adapt both hydraulic and cable lines for brakes and then deal with the driveshaft lengths it all adds up. And then in the future you have to deal with the fact that ordering parts for that rear end requires walking the parts guy through a completely different vehicle.

For my own sake, I am deciding against it on the ZJ. The D35 in the ZJ needs new pinion bearings. I am going to rebuild the diff rather than swap in another rear. I considered an 8.25 but decided against it. And I have the fabrication tools/skills.

For the OP, I would say look for a junkyard axle or look on Craigslist. You might also put out a "wanted" post. Plenty of folks are taking the alternate path.

Try www.car-part.com for any model year XJ Cherokee Dana 35 or Chry 8.25

The local U-Pull-It junkyard charges $89 for a rear axle, complete drum to drum.

If your really trying to save money, what's wrong with your axle? Most of the pick-n-pulls around here are 125-150$.

It's still not worth it when you can get C8.25's all day long for cheap.

It is when you consider you have to change the driveshaft too.. still don't understand the 35 hate. Pick n pull or carpart.com are your best bets but they seem to be fairly scarce anymore. I have an 8.25 sitting in my garage I would live to trade for an extra 35.

Thank you for the help. Pull your part, might be my best bet.

The axle needs ring and pinion plus all bearings. Its previous owner beat on it.

She just needs to get to school and back.

D35 should be almost free. Agree that swapping a 35 in is cheapest and easiest

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back