• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad news for Credit card debt!

I put in a letter under SCRA when they raised my rates and minimum payment on 3 cards. Now my highest interest rate is 6%.

"Under SCRA", what is SCRA?

Soldiers/Sailors Civil Relief Act, I believe....

Soldiers/Sailors Civil Relief Act, I believe....

thats right. I have a couple of credit cards with wedding stuff on them. They got jacked all out of proportion during the banking crisis in sept. Min payment went up, interest rates went up, more charges, it got pretty nasty. With the wife out of work all the sudden we had a nice little problem where we were once comfortable. All you do is send a cover letter outlining the terms and listing your enlistment date, service, and social. It resets interest and fees back to the date of your enlistment. A couple of companies went above and beyond. Zales refunded all fees, about 300 in finance stuff, and set the APR at 0%, for the duration of my active military service. It applies to any debt or agreement entered into before being called to active duty military service.

Good deal for any servicemembers out there. In the last month that they have been active it has helped us pay off quite a few things without breaking the bank.

Back