• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from California...pic HEAVY

NAXJA Forum User
Got back from California Monday. Man what a trip. It is gorgeous out there. The only real complaint is parking in San Francisco...lack of and COST of.

Made it to Monterey and Santa Cruz as well as Muir Woods and Yosemite.

I really want my own redwood/sequoia forest!

Sad thing is I may not leave "vacation mode" before The Crawl!!

This is on board the SS Jeremiah O'brien.

Then:

Monterey Bay

And Yosemite. I want to sell all our stuff and be a just live here. And these are just some pics from my phone. I can't wait to develop the 35mm..all 9 rolls of it.

More Yosemite

Damn good pizza. In Groveland, CA about 30 minutes outside Yosemite.

Nice.

I didn't realize people still used 35mm film.

Yeah...not many. had a young lady ask me what "that" was in reference to the camera. She goes..."oh...they still develop those kids of pictures?" LOL

I still shoot it. Nice pictures.

Glad you had a blast, next time you're down here try stopping by Lake Tahoe. Couple of nice hiking trails that lead to water falls.

Awesome pictures by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you had fun. Did you get a chance to meet up with Nick at all while you were out there?

I always enjoyed my travels out to CA for my last job, even though I didn't get much time to relax. I did manage a day to drive up HWY 1 from the Bay Area and stopped at Monterey Bay on one trip, then on another squeezed in most of a day at Yosemite. Some day i'll go back out there on vacation and enjoy it some more!

I PM'd Nick before we left but he didn't respond. I don't have a good number for him.

Hope to get the film developed this weekend and will some time today put all the digital pics on a flash drive so we can view them on a TV.

We've already started hinting at going again and staying as close as we can...if not in the park itself at Yosemite. We really want to go to Kings Canyon and Sequoia NP's as well.

Oddly enough, i'm now headed out to CA tomorrow morning for work. It'll be a quick trip though with no time to sight see :(

Back